Situation Critical
Mythbusters
Deadliest Warriors (Seasons 1 & 2)

Any other ones?
Old 10-10-2010, 01:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by predator20 View Post
Well, Orca1 9904 did a delete sweep on all the ones tagged with nuke. I think there should have been a vote. Like Mythbusters has been up for a while, even though it wasn't complete. It had some effort put into it. Maybe not as much as Mail Call. Why is one allowed to stay and another is not? That "grandfathered in" is bullshit. It looks unfair as a whole if certain ones are still up even though they don't meet the rules. Many of the ones Orca1 deleted, were built before the rules same as Mail Call.

If documentaries aren't allowed delete them all.
Regardless of what the rules are, that doesn't sound like a good idea to have one admin robotically responding to tags without any input like that.
Old 10-10-2010, 01:56 AM
IMFDB Admin

Ultimate Weapons - I guess stay, but I don't really care for ones that tell you what the weapon is.

DEA - nay

Weaponology - nay

Top Gear - I guess stay

Top Shot - stay, even though they tell you the weapon used. It's a well built page.

Top Sniper 2 - a lot of screencaps, but no descriptions, nay

Dallas SWAT - nay

Situation Critical - stay, it's a documentary, but isn't it more or less reenactments?

Mythbusters -stay

Deadliest Warriors (Seasons 1 & 2) -stay

The way I see it, if it's already been built and has some effort it should stay. But no more new documentary pages.
Old 10-10-2010, 02:07 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtReynoldsMoustache View Post
Regardless of what the rules are, that doesn't sound like a good idea to have one admin robotically responding to tags without any input like that.
Which is WHY that delete tag is NOT a good idea.

If some page is suggested for deletion, it should be in the Discussion page. That way people can put input forth and Mods can review and make a cool headed decision.

I hate those reality TV / Documentaries myself (and I was always against them) because (a) usually they do a show on the gun itself, so identifying it is pointless and (b) documenting what REAL COPS use (in shows like Dallas SWAT / DEA / etc.) falls outside of the scope of IMFDB because no movie armorer provided the weapon. We would just be reiterating what is 'regulation' for that department to really carry (c) Documentaries open the door to all sorts of irrelevant entries. We once had a CBS News show on Operation Enduring Freedom (invasion of Afghanistan 2002). My thought was 'who cares?' All they did was use existing news footage of the warring parties. We would soon be putting up pages for ABC World News Tonight! if that continued. That page was quickly deleted.

Television was supposed to be TELEVISION SHOWS. Not reality TV or news or documentaries. Those shows depict real life and open the doors to too many barely relevant entries.

That being said, we should VOTE on which ones stay. But seriously there was supposed to be a MORATORIUM on new reality TV/documentaries shows. What happened to that?
Old 10-10-2010, 02:22 AM
Banned

How much input does Chris Bunni actually give as far as these kinds of decisions go?
Old 10-10-2010, 04:25 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtReynoldsMoustache View Post
How much input does Chris Bunni actually give as far as these kinds of decisions go?
He doesn't. He just floats around and lets the members of the Imperium decide on the fate of condemned pages. He gave the membership the power and thus trusts us to use it wisely.......

Old 10-10-2010, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by predator20 View Post
Deadliest Warriors (Seasons 1 & 2)
Can we really call Deadliest Warrior a documentary? Especially since it seems more about what looks Kewl rather than facts.

Actually, I think I should leave it to someone better than me to explain it:
Clicky!

There's only one explanation for everything that's happened to me so far: This universe is trolling me.

Last edited by The Wierd It; 10-10-2010 at 07:17 PM.
Old 10-10-2010, 07:24 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

RE - the new category. Me gusta mucho. Definitely something to use more in the future. And I like how it links to the rules, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 View Post
He doesn't. He just floats around and lets the members of the Imperium decide on the fate of condemned pages. He gave the membership the power and thus trusts us to use it wisely.......

Except that this bunny isn't sitting on top of the button that makes the changes into law. And neither are we.
Old 10-10-2010, 08:07 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wierd It View Post
Actually, I think I should leave it to someone better than me to explain it:
Clicky!
Are you kidding? This mega douche can explain something better than you? I hope not. That would mean you had no brain and I don't want to believe that's the case. This mega douche idiot (on his crap camera work with bad color balance (set your WHITES before you roll you moron!) and bad composition (the footage has the headspace of a rank amateur photographer) takes forever to get to the point. I had to shut it off half way through because he was so irritating!

He made no fans here, even though his point may be good, he's such a douche that I couldn't get to whatever point he was trying to make....
Old 10-11-2010, 12:16 AM

I would like to know what the mods think of this page:

http://www.imfdb.org/index.php/War_Briefing%2C_The

It falls under the documentary category since it is an episode of PBS Frontline, but seems to have slipped under the radar since no one has mentioned it so far.

Also look at these pages:

http://www.imfdb.org/index.php/Manhu...ive_Task_Force
http://www.imfdb.org/index.php/Real_Vice_Cops_Uncut

These three pages, along with DEA and Dallas SWAT, were all created by Choi117.

Last edited by Markit; 10-11-2010 at 12:29 AM.