imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 02:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markost View Post
Those are some mighty naked looking rails. Accessorize fool.
Old 09-23-2010, 01:00 PM

Wow i rmember magnum research's idiocy trying to market the 1911 like that.

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 09-23-2010, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markost View Post
Perfect. It's now ready to replace the M16.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 09-26-2010, 11:07 PM

When I was in Rio, I was at a BOPE HQ and got a tour of all the weapons they had, I held that very gun and was stunned that they still use it.
aa 175.jpg

aa 177.jpg

aa 181.jpg
Bope HQ

aa 194.jpg
From death comes life, so I was told.

aa 195.jpg
Yours truly from a hard day at work.

The BOPE are really amazing, they didn't understand why we used blanks or that they even existed.

Going back again, (crossing fingers) see if I can take some pic's.
Old 09-27-2010, 01:16 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Nice, Al! Did you visit the BOPE HQ while you were down there filming "The Incredible Hulk"?

EDIT: Oh, yeah, obviously...hence the reference to blanks.

Last edited by MT2008; 09-27-2010 at 01:19 AM.
Old 09-27-2010, 04:28 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

That's a pretty cool emblem, although the antiquity of the flintlock pistols sort of clashes with the skull and dagger.
Old 09-30-2010, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtReynoldsMoustache View Post
The prohibition of murder hasn't lead to the militarization of policeSo what?, the massive encroachment on our basic civil libertiesWhat right? the right to O/D and become a leech of society ,and to ruin people's lives -if you don't have drugs on you then you have nothing to worry about in regards to your civil liberties, overcrowding of prisonsBuild more prisons, they're meant to be filled, wasteful spending of tax dollars to appease a moralist minorityyou think its wasteful because it's your opinion, or the endless cycle of violence perpetuated by the ridiculous profits margins that can be obtained from an untaxed and unregulated market with an unending demand.That's what the Drug war is about, Legalization of crime will not stop the problem, look at the netherlands Prostitution is legal but it is still dominated by gangs/criminals and is the #1 destination for Human trafficking

Most murders are drug related by virtue of being gang related, so it would actually make homicide detectives jobs (and the jobs of all law enforcement) a whole lot easier to just axe this gigantic bloated Sisyphean assault on common sense.
Again I will reiterate that eliminating the goal of a job to make a job easier is not the answer, it's just stupid as the problem is still there.

This is the Just Guns subforum, movie discussion not necessary. And I don't have a "pothead" agenda, I have a freedom and liberty agenda. Banning something because you don't like it is the exact opposite of what being an American is supposed to be about.

No argument there
Completely forgot about this post...

Last edited by AdAstra2009; 09-30-2010 at 04:40 AM.
Old 09-30-2010, 04:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdAstra2009 View Post
Completely forgot about this post...
Yes we have a right to destroy ourselves. Our lives are our own and what we do with them is our own business.

And when you say "so what" to things like militarization of police and building more prisons, you are completely ignoring the cost of it all. The increased need for prisons has lead to a massive private prison industry that creates a conflict of interest in which it is profitable for the few people in charge to have as many people incarcerated as possible and at tremendous cost to the taxpayer. The militarization of police has lead to gross misprioritization of law enforcement resources, with SWAT teams being deployed to terrorize citizens over misdemeanor worthy amounts of drugs because they get kickbacks from the federal government. There's a county in northern California that made severe cutbacks to its sheriff's department because of the recession, and now they almost only enforce drug laws because it's the only way they can keep themselves funded.

Additionally, property seizure laws that allow law enforcement agencies to auction assets seized from drug suspects have lead to rampant corruption everywhere. Off the top of my head, a simple example being that in many places, if some jackass steals your car and later get's arrested with drugs, you don't get your car back at all. The police keep it.

And no it's not my opinion that the drug war is wasteful, that is undeniably established fact. Why? Because it accomplishes absolutely nothing. Drugs are not at all harder to obtain, everybody who would be using drugs if they were legal already are, and imprisoning them does nothing at all to curb their behavior. It is literally money down the toilet.

And you're right, legalizing drugs will not make the drug problem go away. Nothing is going to make it go away. Drugs always have and always will be a part of the human experience and nothing can change that. Legislation and imprisonment is not how problems are dealt with. You mentioned the Netherlands? Here's an even more relevant example, Portugal. Portugal legalized all drugs for personal use, and what happened? Enrollment in rehabilitation programs skyrocketed, overdoses plummeted. Holy shit how did that happen?
Old 09-30-2010, 10:50 AM

I agree with burt about how the prisons are overcrowded. We need to use the death sentence more often and for more offenses

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 09-30-2010, 01:26 PM

I think you copy and pasted that. And I have bever seen a SWAT team used for misdeameanor offenses, and what you said about seizure law....well, is false, if your car is stolen and used for drugs, you keep it, the state can only seize if owner was the one selling drugs, and only i owner sold drugs in that speicifiv vehicle, thats why drug dealers always have 2 cars....a nice on to show off in, and a crappy one to go out selling in.

Also, was wondering, whats your image of how a police force should be? No SWAT? No power to enforce drug laws?

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Closed Thread