imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 12-26-2011, 05:37 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

A spray can sometime takes too long to get out and be readied for use and under a stressful situation, your muscle memory might not work well with it.

I do have a thing about certain age groups owning gun. I think the legal limit should stay the way it is but with exceptions. Say you're 18 and want a pistol. You take a course that shows you are mentally and physically prepared to handle it. The stupid drinking age limit is kinda stupid as it is anyway. But I think the 21 for handguns is just a cut off date for the general public.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 12-26-2011, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
I do have a thing about certain age groups owning gun. I think the legal limit should stay the way it is but with exceptions. Say you're 18 and want a pistol. You take a course that shows you are mentally and physically prepared to handle it.
That'd be fine with me

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 12-26-2011, 06:59 PM

I think 18 and up for guns, handguns included, why can i get an ar/ak/fal but not a handgun? The "handguns are more dangerous" people are stupid. The only nd my range ever had was a ar15 that some moron shot over the berm

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 12-26-2011, 09:44 PM

you only have to be 21 to "Purchase" a hand gun...you are allowed to own one younger if it is gifted to you from a friend or family member.
Old 12-27-2011, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spades of Columbia View Post
you only have to be 21 to "Purchase" a hand gun...you are allowed to own one younger if it is gifted to you from a friend or family member.
i private saled my first handgun from a friend who was lookin to upgrade to a semi and already had a 357 rifle so ammo wasnt a prob. Still gay though, and some people A. Have anti gun parents and cant have it gifted and B. Want to get what they want, not just what happens to be in classifieds.

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 12-27-2011, 12:43 AM

Quote:
That reminds me of my twelfth birthday, when my dad handed me a Capri Sun box containing a S&W 686

http://www.introvertisland.com

Last edited by S&Wshooter; 12-27-2011 at 12:46 AM.
Old 12-27-2011, 02:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
A spray can sometime takes too long to get out and be readied for use and under a stressful situation, your muscle memory might not work well with it.
Actually they're more of a pistol grip, just practice gripping it a few times or test fire a new or old one. They have a belt clip and key chain. (I have this one, $14.95, $13.95/ 3 or more)

Actually my test sprays were more straight line than this picture and you put your thumb under the flip top.

Old 12-27-2011, 03:52 AM

yeah, spray sounds cool until you get a slight breeze and then you'll be on the ground next to your attacker. I suggest a pepper gel like Kimber makes called the pepper blaster. You wont get blow back like with the sprays and its fired off by a shotgun primer so the gel flies at 90 MPH...the dude with be debilitated for atleast 45mins. It will even break thru glasses.
Old 12-27-2011, 04:07 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

My thing about guns to those under a certain age as i said before is unique for each kid. If someone is 18 and is mentally capable of handling a gun, that's ok but people I know who are 25 are just not ready to even touch a gun let alone own one.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 12-27-2011, 05:10 AM

Quote:
yeah, spray sounds cool until you get a slight breeze and then you'll be on the ground next to your attacker. I suggest a pepper gel like Kimber makes called the pepper blaster. You wont get blow back like with the sprays and its fired off by a shotgun primer so the gel flies at 90 MPH...the dude with be debilitated for atleast 45mins. It will even break thru glasses.
The original thought was for underage personal protection, pepper spray can be handy.

Pepper spray in certain situations like breaking up a bunch of kids fighting when you can't just shoot them or warding off an unarmed or drunk coming toward you.....or getting MJ tennis shoes.

You can't always just come out blasting. Now if your life is in imminent danger sure fire away, just make sure you know exactly what you're doing.

For example if someone breaks into my house.......