imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 09-30-2019, 12:38 AM

I have never talked to a single person that's actually from here that supported that turd. It's always out of towners, or people who consider themselves to be Mexican over anything. I know people from where Beto's family is from, word is they are involved with some cartel shit

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 09-30-2019, 04:51 PM
Formerly "Checkman"
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&Wshooter View Post
I have never talked to a single person that's actually from here that supported that turd. It's always out of towners, or people who consider themselves to be Mexican over anything. I know people from where Beto's family is from, word is they are involved with some cartel shit
I was surprised when he got up at the debate and flat out said that he would confiscate firearms. Couldn't believe I was hearing that from a Texas politician, but times are pretty wacky now.
Old 10-03-2019, 04:45 AM

He's propped up heavily by Californian money; IIRC out of all the dems his campaign has dumped the most into ads (reportedly like 9.5 mil) and such the past few months by a several million dollar margin. I'd have to find the source, though, could be horseshit

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 10-04-2019, 04:16 AM
Formerly "Checkman"
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&Wshooter View Post
He's propped up heavily by Californian money; IIRC out of all the dems his campaign has dumped the most into ads (reportedly like 9.5 mil) and such the past few months by a several million dollar margin. I'd have to find the source, though, could be horseshit
Good old California.
Old 10-14-2019, 03:07 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcordell View Post
My father owned a Taurus PT92 for several years in the Eighties. He purchased it shortly before it was announced that the Beretta was going to replace the M1911A1. Of course there were no Beretta 92 pistols to be found, but he was able to get hold of the Taurus and even that was a matter of luck and timing. I shot the hell out of that Taurus for a couple of years and never had any issues with it. Eventually dad traded it for something (can't remember what he got) and in 1999 he purchased an actual 92FS that I now own.
I like the Beretta, but the Taurus was a good pistol.
Interesting. Your Dad's gun wasn't by chance one of the very early models which had the magazine release button on the lower part of the grip, rather than near the trigger guard? (The first one I owned was the older style, because it was a mid-80s model.)

Here's my new(er) PT92, photographed, once again, on my yoga mat:

Old 10-14-2019, 03:26 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

While I'm at it, I might as well post some pics of my current AR-15 setup:

Major config changes (relative to the last time I posted pics):
- At home, I'm now running an Aimpoint Patrol Rifle Optic as my go-to sight. I still mostly run the rifle with my EOTech when I actually shoot it, but I decided that I needed an optic with better battery life that I can leave on for days at a time (whereas I've already changed the battery in my EOTech since I originally bought it). I initially considered either the T-2 Micro or the CompM5, but didn't want to spend the cash, so I chose the PRO instead. As of now, the EOTech is my range optic, while the Aimpoint is my home defense optic.
- I've swapped the Magpul vertical grip for an AFG-2, again, mostly for the range. Since I'm getting more comfortable C-clamping the rifle compared to when I first began shooting it, I prefer the AFG over the vertical grip.
- My Surefire light now has a pressure pad. I initially considered swapping the light to the 9:00 position so that I could just activate it with my thumb, but eventually found the pressure pad that I wanted on sale, so I splurged and bought it.
- I replaced the factory charging handle with a BCM Gunfighter (Gen 2 with a Mod 3B latch). Again, I bought it because it was on sale, but I'm actually not sure it was the best choice; it's kind of a dated design, and the extended latch tends to catch on the PALS webbing on my vest. I may soon replace it with one of Daniel Defense's new Grip-N-Rip charging handles, or another ambidextrous charging handle from BCM or Radian.

Last edited by MT2008; 10-14-2019 at 03:45 AM.
Old 10-15-2019, 11:59 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

I take it you're ok with the A2 grip. A lot of guys would change that first

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 10-16-2019, 01:42 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
I take it you're ok with the A2 grip. A lot of guys would change that first
Haha, no, actually, I plan to change out the A2 grip at some point. Just haven’t decided yet what will replace it (either a Magpul grip of some kind, or maybe BCM).

I also need to replace the trigger and get some work done on the selector (it has severe creep when flipped to SAFE).
Old 10-17-2019, 05:01 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
Haha, no, actually, I plan to change out the A2 grip at some point. Just haven’t decided yet what will replace it (either a Magpul grip of some kind, or maybe BCM).

I also need to replace the trigger and get some work done on the selector (it has severe creep when flipped to SAFE).
Basic Magpul MIAD because you can switch parts of it around and there's nothing wrong with getting a geissele triggers

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 10-17-2019, 05:18 PM
Formerly "Checkman"
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
Interesting. Your Dad's gun wasn't by chance one of the very early models which had the magazine release button on the lower part of the grip, rather than near the trigger guard? (The first one I owned was the older style, because it was a mid-80s model.)

Here's my new(er) PT92, photographed, once again, on my yoga mat:

It was one of the early ones with the heel release and the rounded trigger guard (found an old picture of shooting it along with our old Colt SP101). He purchased it from another officer who was also an FFL. I don't know where Chuck found it at. Both Chuck and dad are now gone so it will always remain a mystery. I shot it more often then the Colt Commander due to 9mm being more affordable. Perhaps it is because of my positive experience with the Taurus that I have always been fond of the Beretta 92FS. Back in my Army days guys would badmouth the Beretta constantly. I never had any heartburn with it. But I think it's the nature of soldiers to constantly bitch about their weapons no matter how good they are.
Dad was in the Air Force (military police) in the sixties and he heard many an airman griping about the 1911A1. It never changes.

Last edited by Jcordell; 10-17-2019 at 05:22 PM.