imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-06-2010, 04:10 AM

Default Filling my ridiculous gun quota...

Although I've been squirreling away quite abit of money to buy a house next year, I've come across a few guns I couldn't say no to recently. Been working 3 jobs, I figure I've earned the odd indulgence.

First one was a Belgian Nagant M1878-86 in 9.4mm, marked to the Belgian Customs Service but would have been pressed into service with the army during WW1 to supplement the FN 1900 pistol which had just replaced it. I've been looking for a Belgian Nagant for a long time and they are HARD to find. First one I've ever seen for sale anywhere.

Then a Spanish Jo.Lo.Ar. pistol in 9mm Largo, which was used in some numbers by irregular forces during the Spanish Civil War. Very unusual design, it's an unlocked breech blowback in a large calibre, the lever on the side (called a palanca) is for one handed cocking and it's actually the first pistol designed with a barrel that tips up for loading. It's pretty beat up, but rare enough that I'll live with it.

Finally a Japanese T-26 revolver in 9mm Japanese, which aren't that rare in the States but, like anything Japanese, extremely hard to find in Canada. So much so that I'm actually importing it from the States, partly to see if it's practical. Very neat gun, break open that locks up like an old S&W, double action only, shoots a round that is almost but not quite a .38 S&W. Obsolete in WW2, but still commonly issued to NCOs.