imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 02-10-2013, 04:07 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Default Media bias

From a CNN article about the hunt for Christopher Jordan Dorner.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/dam/ass...al-gallery.jpg

Caption: "San Diego Harbor Police officers near Naval Base Point Loma armed with high-powered firearms walk along a street on February 7 in San Diego."

When cops use an semi-auto AR, it's a "high-powered firearm." If a civilian has the same gun, it's an assault weapon.
Old 02-10-2013, 06:39 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

I showed this photo to the cops I know, who were Marines, they shook their heads at why these guys are holding their rifles like idiots.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 02-10-2013, 06:07 PM
Formerly "Michael Westen"

CNN and MSNBC may have their downfalls, but at least they don't alter footage of the opposing party to make them look ugly and put wrong footage when describing rallies so as to make it look bigger. Fox news is the worst if you're talking about media bias.
Old 02-10-2013, 06:19 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Titov View Post
CNN and MSNBC may have their downfalls, but at least they don't alter footage of the opposing party to make them look ugly and put wrong footage when describing rallies so as to make it look bigger. Fox news is the worst if you're talking about media bias.
Well, that's why I don't watch or read Fox News.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:46 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Titov View Post
You are entitled to your opinion, however, I must point out that your statement reeks of brainwashing from the Leftist media outlets. Groups like Huffington Post, MoveOn.org have for years smeared Fox. Heck. Only the LEFT WING actually goes to the effort to create fake websites like Faux News or Drudge Retort in attempts to keep people from seeing the channels and voices that they oppose.

You unfortunately have drunk the Kool-aid.

There are Tons and tons more examples of the Liberal Media doing that than Fox.

For example, there were several hundred pro gun people supporting a gun store near the SF area in a rally. there were less than a dozen ANTI GUN protestors who showed up. WHO did CBS interview only? Of course only the Anti gun protestors who were in fact 'counter protestors' since they were there in response to a pro gun rally. I have never seen so much imbalance and bias on the part of the left in the media in my entire life.

The only smart man looks at all outlets fairly and comes to their own conclusion.
Old 04-03-2013, 06:53 PM
Formerly "Michael Westen"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 View Post
You are entitled to your opinion, however, I must point out that your statement reeks of brainwashing from the Leftist media outlets. Groups like Huffington Post, MoveOn.org have for years smeared Fox. Heck. Only the LEFT WING actually goes to the effort to create fake websites like Faux News or Drudge Retort in attempts to keep people from seeing the channels and voices that they oppose.

You unfortunately have drunk the Kool-aid.

There are Tons and tons more examples of the Liberal Media doing that than Fox.

For example, there were several hundred pro gun people supporting a gun store near the SF area in a rally. there were less than a dozen ANTI GUN protestors who showed up. WHO did CBS interview only? Of course only the Anti gun protestors who were in fact 'counter protestors' since they were there in response to a pro gun rally. I have never seen so much imbalance and bias on the part of the left in the media in my entire life.

The only smart man looks at all outlets fairly and comes to their own conclusion.
I don't like Fox News because bigot news anchors don't sit well with me.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:14 PM

Fox isn't the only one with bigotted news anchors.

All three of the major 24 hour news channels, and all three of the cable news "reporters" are guilty of that.

Hell, the best reporting about America comes from the BBC.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEMack618 View Post
Hell, the best reporting about America comes from the BBC.
Ain't that the truth, as unbelievable as it is.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 04-05-2013, 06:31 AM

Not as good as the recent UCF not-shooter. For those who don't know, a UCF student packed up some guns and IEDs in his dorm, pulled the fire alarm to lure everyone outside....then had a change of heart and shot himself before doing anything.

The media constantly talked about how he had an "assault rifle". Aside from two or three handguns, his only other gun was a GSG 522. As in a .22LR semi-auto clone of the MP5 that can accept airsoft accessories.
Old 04-05-2013, 06:04 PM

Ah, yes, I was sleeping off a hangover when the story broke, and woke up to about a dozen text messages asking what a "tactical .22" was.