imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Guns & Movies

Old 05-13-2009, 11:59 PM

In stargate the muzzles are constantly pointing at other people, like their commanding officers lol, not to mention teal'c and the dual wielding
Old 05-14-2009, 01:17 AM
IMFDB Admin

Even though I find Tom Cruise to be kind of a soup sandwich, his gun handling was excellent in Collateral. He was definately well trained and remembered the training well.

I was also impressed by Keanu Reeves and the fact that he wanted to be trained for Street Kings so he could be a more convincing character. He learned well too, I found his gun handling to be superb in Street Kings.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:18 AM

It was, the gunfire itself was weak though, a 4506 indoors is not a popgun. He sed good grip, stance, aimed, everything though, and it was a good movie
Old 05-14-2009, 02:12 AM
IMFDB Admin

Yeah the gunfire really annoyed me. The first time I watched it and heard the .45 making that small popping sound, I was like, "WTF??!!"
Old 05-14-2009, 05:36 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Yeah the sound of it on screen really got to me. I guess the sound editing department didn't quite get the sound a .45 makes indoors. Obviously on set when fired, it would be loud especially indoors.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 05-14-2009, 05:38 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
In stargate the muzzles are constantly pointing at other people, like their commanding officers lol, not to mention teal'c and the dual wielding
The duel wielding with Teal'c is to be expected. The character wasn't an Earth trained soldier, he wouldn't know how to properly hold a gun from our planet, so can't blame him

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 05-14-2009, 02:07 PM

Well, he has been on earth like 10 years in that show. You ever look where mzzles are pointing though, there aimed at everyone, bad guys, friendlies, each other.....Although i must say i love the show
Old 05-14-2009, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmaster45 View Post
I'd say only Brad Pitt, Kevin Costner, and Bruce Willis deserve the mentions, as they actually still use firearms training they recieved in the past and continued to use it in other films. Thomas Jane still has yet to prove himself after learning so much for his training in The Punisher. Mark Wahlberg doesn't handle guns well. Look at Max Payne, he learned so much for Shooter and didn't use any of it. I think he is against guns too, so I don't like him.
Given the nature of the game that influenced it, you can't really blame Wahlberg for Max Payne. On top of that, how many "shoot-em-ups" has he done since Shooter? Same thing goes for Tom Jane.
Old 05-14-2009, 09:07 PM

How many movies has Tom Jane made since the punisher? Like, all movies counted? Walhberg is a raving anti too. Brad Pitt apparently owns a USP.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
How many movies has Tom Jane made since the punisher? Like, all movies counted? Walhberg is a raving anti too. Brad Pitt apparently owns a USP.
Thomas Jane did "The Mist" in 2007. I'm fairly certain that his character in that one didn't have the same kind of training that Frank Castle did...

And, honestly, I thought that it was Angelina Jolie who owned a USP.