imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Guns & Movies

Old 07-21-2009, 04:35 AM
IMFDB Admin

Default A Perfect Getaway

I saw some nice shots of a 1911 in the trailer, so if anyone feels like screencapping an HD trailer with a better computer than mine, go for it.

Despite the low publicity it is getting, the movie appears to have a pretty A-list cast of actors (Milla Jovovich, Steve Zahn, Timothy Olyphant...). The story also seems somewhat intriguing, but all trailers can trick you into thinking that. Some of the crappiest movies have had good trailers, so I'll wait for the movie to come out before I properly judge.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:08 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmaster45 View Post
Despite the low publicity it is getting, the movie appears to have a pretty A-list cast of actors (Milla Jovovich, Steve Zahn, Timothy Olyphant...).
None of them are exactly what I, or most other people, would call "A-list". B-list at best. Not that I don't think Milla Jovovich is hot, but I do find it kind of odd that most of her films are directed/produced by guys she's been married to...
Old 07-21-2009, 09:03 PM
IMFDB Admin

Well they are well known actors, so I guess that's what I mean.

But does anyone have a good computer that screencaps HD trailers with good quality? There were at least three good shots of a 1911 (being fired in the rain, being chambered, and lying on the ground). It's officially site worthy.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:22 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmaster45 View Post
Well they are well known actors, so I guess that's what I mean.
Oh, I see. Well, A-list doesn't just mean actors who are "known"; it means actors whose movies tend to turn substantial profits. Milla Jovovich, Steve Zahn, and Timothy Olyphant have all been in some successful movies, but their presence certainly hasn't been what made those movies successful.

As far as the trailer goes, I would say go for it. My notebook doesn't output screencaps that are that great quality, but not sure whose does.