imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 08-22-2010, 11:19 PM

Default Colt .22 LR M4 vs. S&W M&P 15/22

Excalibur gave me suggestion of buying AR-15 based .22 LR because they're a lot cheaper than actual AR's that uses .223. I thought that was the best suggestion i've got because i also likes AR-15 rifles and i do want to own one.

So i looked through the web, and there were two competitors (most well-known, i mean) that uses AR-15 design with .22 LR cartridges. The Colt's .22 LR M4(they called that the other way, but i believe you've got what i'm talking), and M&P 15/22, which Excalibur also suggested to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXm3RUvVhpU
(A video link that shows both rifles without so much details)

Let me be honest with you. The Colt's design absolutely draw my attention because it actually like real AR-15, and M&P design was little bit awkward although it still looks like AR-15

So i am little bit curious about the competition between these two(The price seems almost identical, but it seems that they have differences in terms of internla mechanism or overall design. So i don't really get which is better for the beginner like me)

Does anyone have experience with these two rifles? Orat least one?
Old 08-22-2010, 11:23 PM

smith gets good reviews and a lifetime warranty.

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 08-23-2010, 12:31 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Markost Send a message via Yahoo to Markost Send a message via Skype™ to Markost

S&W all the way. The "colts" are manufactured by Walther, so the quality is not the same.
Old 08-23-2010, 03:12 AM

Do you have a source for that information? I ask because Walther is owned by or at least partners with S&W and it seems weird to me that they would make the guns for a company that competes with their partner/owner.

EDIT: Just looked it up and they are made by Walther. Weird.

In that case either one will be fine. Colt and S&W are just brand names at this point, so I doubt that one is much better than the other.

Last edited by Yournamehere; 08-23-2010 at 03:21 AM.
Old 08-23-2010, 02:35 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Markost Send a message via Yahoo to Markost Send a message via Skype™ to Markost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yournamehere View Post
In that case either one will be fine. Colt and S&W are just brand names at this point, so I doubt that one is much better than the other.
"Colt" is just the name. Walther has the licence to use it, and Umarex is the importer:

On the other hand, the S&W is made of polymer.