imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 03:03 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Same here. What has he done?

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 05-13-2011, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
Same here. What has he done?
Trolled the hell out of us, that's what he's done:

You're every bit the detective that your followers on internet believe - Brainiac, Superman The Animated Series

Last edited by Swordfish941; 05-13-2011 at 03:31 AM.
Old 05-13-2011, 03:26 AM

Burt wasn't giving dissenting opinions, he was trying to say crap to rile people up and cause controversy. Everyone is entitled to opinions, yes, but burt was just trying to get attention by pissing people off. Theres a difference.

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 05-13-2011, 03:39 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Again, it's on us to get riled up, or not to.

While it may seem like it to us, from what I can tell, he wasn't a crackpot. There are MANY people out there who don't think Israel should exist and/or drugs should be legalized.

Look at his list of contributions to the main site. It's pretty clear to me that he was trying to contribute in good faith. What's more believable, that he's just a guy with different viewpoints who tends to bring them up at the wrong time, or he's a troll who's made otherwise meaningful contributions just to keep up his trolling?
Old 05-13-2011, 03:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
Again, it's on us to get riled up, or not to.

While it may seem like it to us, from what I can tell, he wasn't a crackpot. There are MANY people out there who don't think Israel should exist and/or drugs should be legalized.

Look at his list of contributions to the main site. It's pretty clear to me that he was trying to contribute in good faith. What's more believable, that he's just a guy with different viewpoints who tends to bring them up at the wrong time, or he's a troll who's made otherwise meaningful contributions just to keep up his trolling?
This. I've known a handful of guys with a mind similar to Burt, and none of them were bad guys, just a bit different in thinking without a full understanding of how to talk/behave around other people. Hell we're all guilty of that from time to time.
Old 05-13-2011, 03:50 AM
IMFDB Admin

The main problem was, just about anytime there was trouble on the forums, Burt was usually the cause.
Old 05-13-2011, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by predator20 View Post
The main problem was, just about anytime there was trouble on the forums, Burt was usually the cause.
that and k9870's point of he said things just to cause controversy. that's why i support his perma-ban
Old 05-13-2011, 01:23 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reach View Post
that and k9870's point of he said things just to cause controversy. that's why i support his perma-ban
Did he say things just to cause controversy? For example, I've been looking over the Israel thing, and he only did so in response to another poster's criticism of Israel. He didn't come out of nowhere to say something controversial, they were all within context.
Old 05-13-2011, 03:04 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Hmmm, so far the response has been quite mixed. I'm surprised.

Quote:
Did he say things just to cause controversy? For example, I've been looking over the Israel thing, and he only did so in response to another poster's criticism of Israel. He didn't come out of nowhere to say something controversial, they were all within context.
He may not have started the Israel debate, but he obviously said something he knew was going to be divisive and start a fight. And to pretend that he didn't anticipate that reaction is ridiculous. As Brian has pointed out, it isn't a coincidence that this stuff tends to happen whenever Burt's around.
Old 05-13-2011, 03:38 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
You're only bringing up the most recent issue with him, look back at some of the older locked threads and see who was the culprit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
Hmmm, so far the response has been quite mixed. I'm surprised.
I'm surprised also, while not all say permanent ban, they do say ban.