imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > imfdb

Old 06-09-2011, 01:10 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

The shorty M4 commando with the AG36 underneath and a suppressor with the red dot up front.

M4 with M203, RIS, suppressor and aimpoint sight

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 06-09-2011, 03:17 AM

Do video games count? Because it'd be kind of cool to see MW2's M4A1 or ones similar to what was used in Medal of Honor.
Old 06-09-2011, 03:53 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

What about from Transformers. With the carrying handle still attached and an ACOG attached it that

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 06-09-2011, 04:08 AM

It's a bit of a stretch, but I'd like to see if you can get your hands and camera on a Colt Accurized Rifle, the DMR variant of the M16 sold by Colt that was used in SWAT 4. I'm sure people would be more willing to let you photograph something like if you asked them.
Old 06-09-2011, 05:33 AM

Seconding the M4 with ACOG and a M16A4 with M203 requests.
Old 06-09-2011, 05:38 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
I'm sure people would be more willing to let you photograph something like if you asked them.
Huh? What do you think I do all day long? I ask people all the time. I'm not missing any pics because I haven't ASKED anyone. It's a real ordeal to get people to LET ME photograph their stuff. Many gun people are eccentric and secretive by nature.

Also too many of them say "oh, don't worry, I'LL TAKE THE PHOTO and SEND IT TO YOU" .... uh, you guys know where I'm going with this right? People don't realize that their pics will NOT be up to IMFDB standards and it's hard not to offend them, but seriously, these guys just can't tell the difference between our pics and snapshots taken in someone's backyard.........

Anyway, schooling mode off! It's not easy and it's a delicate diplomatic maneuver. I actually prefer taking pics of my OWN inventory because I don't have to dance on eggshells to get permission to photograph the weapons correctly (I.e. with proper professional lighting gear, white seamless backdrops with clear box mounts).
Old 06-09-2011, 06:38 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordfish941 View Post
An M4 Carbine with an M203 Grenade Launcher attached. Is that too much to ask for? Also, can you make the custom M4 that Jeremy Renner has in 28 Weeks Later?
Actually please help me out by specifically identifying what items he has on the gun and in what configuration?
Old 06-09-2011, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 View Post
Actually please help me out by specifically identifying what items he has on the gun and in what configuration?
It's got a Command Arms collapsible buttstock, EOTech 551 at the forward position on the sight rail with an AN/PVS-17 mounted behind it, a black Tapco vertical foregrip, and a low profile gas block instead of a standard FSB.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 06-09-2011, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
It's got a Command Arms collapsible buttstock, EOTech 551 at the forward position on the sight rail with an AN/PVS-17 mounted behind it, a black Tapco vertical foregrip, and a low profile gas block instead of a standard FSB.
It was a PVS-14, not a PVS-17.
Old 06-09-2011, 07:41 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
It's a bit of a stretch, but I'd like to see if you can get your hands and camera on a Colt Accurized Rifle, the DMR variant of the M16 sold by Colt that was used in SWAT 4. I'm sure people would be more willing to let you photograph something like if you asked them.
No offense, but if MPM is going to do this (and remember that his time is quite limited), I think it is best that he concentrate on photographing AR variants/configurations that have appeared in LOTS of movies/TV shows/games. Has the Colt Accurized Rifle appeared anywhere besides "SWAT 4"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
What about from Transformers. With the carrying handle still attached and an ACOG attached it that
I was supposed to get a picture of that exact weapon from my contact at ISS (that same gun was sent out on both "Transformers" and "Rambo"), but it never happened. Of course, it wouldn't have been MPM2008 quality.

Last edited by MT2008; 06-09-2011 at 07:44 PM.