imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 08-27-2009, 10:49 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vangelis View Post
And a modern De Lisle with a little more M1911 thrown into it this time. Yes, I know the suppressor is rather low, but if I'd put it higher the sight wouldn't line up.

The stock blocks the grip, grip safety, and even some of the hammer/slide action.

Real 1911 stocks are fitted to a gun like this, to avoid that.

Old 08-27-2009, 11:22 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

What about this?

And what? no comments on my cannon?

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 08-28-2009, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmaster45 View Post
The stock blocks the grip, grip safety, and even some of the hammer/slide action.
I imagine the hammer would have a slot in the top of the stock to sit in when it's cocked and that you certainly wouldn't have a grip safety on this if it was trying to be real; when I was looking at it, I thought of the 1911's grip safety as more like some sort of attachment bracket that's part of the top of the stock. The reduced grip area would probably be managable since the pistol body's 1.34 times it's normal size [IIRC] to match up with the parts of the VSS; if you have the pistol parts as the normal-sized ones you'd just end up having to use a really weird hold. Though if you go that route the stock's probably too small, so it's going to have to be the giant 1911.

The rest is handled by the internal wizard who sits in the forward mag well and waggles his fingers to make the bullets move from the M1911's barrel to the suppressor. It makes perfect sense.
Old 08-28-2009, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vangelis View Post
The rest is handled by the internal wizard who sits in the forward mag well and waggles his fingers to make the bullets move from the M1911's barrel to the suppressor. It makes perfect sense.
You never know
Old 08-28-2009, 06:54 PM
IMFDB Admin

They added the M1A1 Thompson.

It needs a foregrip and drum magazine.
Old 08-29-2009, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alienqueen11 View Post
It needs a foregrip and drum magazine.
And a Cutts for people who believe in such things.

Shame there's no button for automatically aligning front and rear sights, maybe it's worth suggesting.

Last edited by Vangelis; 08-29-2009 at 12:43 AM.
Old 08-29-2009, 03:48 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Here's mine

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle

Old 08-29-2009, 04:17 AM

Incidentally, a question: what exactly is the thing on the far right in the 'foregrips' list?

Also, presenting the ultimate in modern domestic automation, the You Damn Kids Get Off My Lawn Bot.

As a note; the slide of the 1911 doesn't layer properly, because the hammer is part of the frame; if you have the slide back, either the hammer will be in front of the rear of the slide, or the front of the slide will be in front of the frame.

Edit: I may have got a little carried away here.

Last edited by Vangelis; 08-29-2009 at 09:25 AM.
Old 08-29-2009, 04:42 PM
IMFDB Admin

Nice tank. Back to the tommies. We got a nice set of Tommies. And each one after the other has more customization. I'm real proud of my Tommy

Old 08-29-2009, 05:08 PM
IMFDB Admin

Another of my latest AR-15 projects.