imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 02-14-2014, 03:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
As an Anime Otaku, I've grown accustomed to reading subtitles from Anime that hasn't gotten an English dub yet. I do eventually watch it in English to compare differences in the languages, but to me, getting the show right now is better.
I've gotten use to reading subtitles as well.

You're every bit the detective that your followers on internet believe - Brainiac, Superman The Animated Series
Old 02-18-2014, 05:34 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2014/02/12-...ely-cancelled/

On the plus side, that's four pages we don't have to do season splits for.
Old 02-19-2014, 11:42 PM

The first trailer for the Guardians of the Galaxy movie came out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjmxiqiozBU

Looks good visually, but I just hope they don't go overboard with the comedy.

You're every bit the detective that your followers on internet believe - Brainiac, Superman The Animated Series
Old 02-20-2014, 03:52 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

I just saw it and now I got the Hoff singing that song stuck in my head.

Personally, I don't know anything about the comics of this bunch, so I have no expectations for it other than it'll be the same big blockbuster funding as all the other Marvel movies.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 02-23-2014, 03:51 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

I never watched Heroes, but the impression I got from my friends who did was that it started out really well, but totally collapsed and staggered towards cancellation. That's why I'm puzzled as to why it's coming back.

http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/nbc-...15-1201116954/
Old 02-24-2014, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
I never watched Heroes, but the impression I got from my friends who did was that it started out really well, but totally collapsed and staggered towards cancellation. That's why I'm puzzled as to why it's coming back.

http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/nbc-...15-1201116954/
Season 1 was good. Season 2 started going downhill from the beginning. Sylar stuck around far too long for a psycho serial killer who took a katana thought the chest in the S1 finale, Claire never did anything despite being indestructible and immortal, Mohinder got a serious case of stupid, all the interesting characters got wasted, and the series not only introduced Maya- a vastly annoying character with an AoE death aura- but kept her FAR too long.

Seriously, the entire show was badly handled. I hope the new version is a huge flop.
Old 02-24-2014, 12:53 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandolin View Post
Season 1 was good. Season 2 started going downhill from the beginning. Sylar stuck around far too long for a psycho serial killer who took a katana thought the chest in the S1 finale, Claire never did anything despite being indestructible and immortal, Mohinder got a serious case of stupid, all the interesting characters got wasted, and the series not only introduced Maya- a vastly annoying character with an AoE death aura- but kept her FAR too long.

Seriously, the entire show was badly handled. I hope the new version is a huge flop.
Once again, I have to ask: Why not just bring back Law & Order?
Old 02-24-2014, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
Once again, I have to ask: Why not just bring back Law & Order?
ANOTHER Law and Order? We've already got Original Flavor, UK, Trial By Jury, LA, Criminal Intent, and SVU, which is still on. Sure, it would give another half-dozen actors a few decades of steady work, but why would you want to and where would you put it? NYC is kinda full, CSI has Vegas, LA has enough shows. Law and Order DC? Law and Order Newark? Law and Order Episode VIII: The Hunt for Even More Lawyers? L&O Episode IX: Dick Wolf is God of TV?

Also, why can't Netflix get all 50-odd seasons of all the L&Os?
Old 02-25-2014, 12:00 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandolin View Post
ANOTHER Law and Order? We've already got Original Flavor, UK, Trial By Jury, LA, Criminal Intent, and SVU, which is still on. Sure, it would give another half-dozen actors a few decades of steady work, but why would you want to and where would you put it? NYC is kinda full, CSI has Vegas, LA has enough shows. Law and Order DC? Law and Order Newark? Law and Order Episode VIII: The Hunt for Even More Lawyers? L&O Episode IX: Dick Wolf is God of TV?

Also, why can't Netflix get all 50-odd seasons of all the L&Os?
All but SVU and UK have been cancelled. Since the show is plot-driven, you can keep costs low by replacing actors whenever they get too expensive, and since everything is "ripped from the headlines," the show stays fresh. Filming in NYC also gives the show a steady pool of theater talent for guest spots. And it's not like NBC doesn't like working with Dick Wolf, he's got THREE SHOWS with the network.

Either way, if they made Law & Order: Tulsa, I'd watch it.

(And I have no idea why Netflix stopped at Season 8 for L&O. The show's been gone for over three years, and they haven't budged. And it's not like they're on another service like Hulu or Amazon, it's just not available.)
Old 02-25-2014, 10:03 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

In an ideal world, this film sets up Pacific Rim 2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIu85WQTPRc