imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 04-26-2011, 10:25 PM

Default just for fun.....Fantasy ww2 weapons

There was a lot of good technology, but do to manufacturing priorities were made limited or only prototype. Heres the rules: Using only existing technology and manufacturing processes from the time come up with some cool guns.

The AK-47 was possible. Id say a Good AK would be a much better gun for the russians. the medium cartidge and firepower would be excellent for stalingrad like environments. The AK47u would be possible too. Its easy to carve wood into a front pistol grip, the tommy gun had it. make it with a longer stock (no body armor in ww2) and a thicker grip.

I also say the 276 petersen round as our MBR cartridge. A m14 type gun would be possible. Get a Garand to use BAR mags or something. Lighter recoil with range and punch in the petersen.

Modify the 1911s with bigger sights and bigger safety, and gold bead front sights.

I think asquad gpmg wold be good but dont know how to make it, maybe a bar size gun with a belt feed and a compensator?

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 04-27-2011, 02:17 AM

M1941 Johnson LMG, converteted to belt feed, possably with a heavier barrel.
Old 04-27-2011, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
Get a Garand to use BAR mags or something.
The M1 Garand was originally designed to use a 15 round detachable box magazine. The War Department nixed it for two reasons. The box magazine interfered with the Manual of Arms drill. And it was felt that the Soldiers would waste ammo with a 15 round magazine. It was also figured that there would be no major conflict because of WWI (the war to end all wars), so such a large ammo capacity would not be needed.

David.
Old 04-27-2011, 03:49 AM

An M1 or M2 carbine chambered in a round with more range and power than .30 carbine. It could have one of the first assault rifles and would have done good in the house to house fighting in Europe.
Old 04-27-2011, 03:51 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

A much more developed family of weapons based off the battle proven Stg/MP-44 series. Seriously, if the Germans had implemented the MP44 early in the war, it would have made a bigger impact. Imagine the entire German infantry with assault rifles against the US Garands.

Though I have always wished the BAR was lighter with a higher capacity box magazine.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 04-27-2011, 08:36 PM
Banned

I never understood why antitank rifles weren't immediately repurposed as long range sniper/antimaterial rifles.
Old 04-27-2011, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtReynoldsMoustache View Post
I never understood why antitank rifles weren't immediately repurposed as long range sniper/antimaterial rifles.
Cause most soldiers dont want to hump a 40 pound gun over miles of land. Snipers shoot quick move quick, they dont just sit behind your spawn point....

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 04-28-2011, 12:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
Cause most soldiers dont want to hump a 40 pound gun over miles of land. Snipers shoot quick move quick, they dont just sit behind your spawn point....
They were already crew served to begin with...