imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 10:03 PM

I dont really talk religion with anyone. If people want to believe one thing, im cool with it. I just hate people who try to shove their beliefs on you. I never make fun of anyone for their religion and respect their beliefs as long as they respect mine. I jst want nothing to do with the church.
Old 02-03-2010, 10:26 PM

One of my buddies is real pushy about his religion. Every Sunday he's like "dude, why don't you come to church with me" and every time I take him up on his offer I get really uncomfortable during the service. Probably because I'm not Protestant like him (church is a time for prayer and somberness, not electric guitars and over-enthusiasm to the point of creepiness)

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 02-03-2010, 10:39 PM

Snday is time to sleep in, work out and hang with friends
Old 02-03-2010, 10:49 PM

Amen to that. Too bad I'm an insomniac

Old 02-03-2010, 11:25 PM

I started getting up at 8 everyday and am always asleep by midnight. Except saturday, i stay up till 130 and watch snl. Then sleep till 10 on sunday. And take a melatonin at night to get back to bed since ive screwed my sleep cycle..
Old 02-03-2010, 11:34 PM

I (try but usually fail to) go to sleep at 10-11 and wake up at 5:30 every weekday but on weekends I usually go to sleep at 3 (AM!) and wake up at 8 AM

Old 02-03-2010, 11:47 PM

if i work out and get energy out during the day its easier to fall asleep.

-wow, full auto ruger Ps, church and sleep habits......this is serious thread veer lol

Last edited by k9870; 02-03-2010 at 11:49 PM.
Old 02-04-2010, 03:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
If people want to believe one thing, im cool with it. I just hate people who try to shove their beliefs on you. I never make fun of anyone for their religion and respect their beliefs as long as they respect mine. I jst want nothing to do with the church.
I hear you there.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 02-04-2010, 08:39 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

I am a non-practicing Catholic turned atheist. I was baptized but never confirmed, but I did used to attend Mass sometimes with my grandparents, who are very Catholic.

As for abortion, I am pro-choice generally (aside from last trimester). I especially don't like the idea of the government institutionalizing the idea that fetuses are really human, which is an idea that is almost universally rejected by anyone who has studied human development.

But the thing I don't like about abortion is that most of the women getting abortions are these middle- and upper-class feminist types who say "I'm not ready" to be a parent. Or they just don't want to deal with the stretch marks from child birth. Whereas the people who don't get abortions are mostly from the bottom of the gene pool - hillbillies, ghetto dwellers, Islamic immigrants, etc. In other words, people who really should not be breeding because they're only producing more mouths for our overburdened social security system to feed (not to mention, criminals and terrorists). I worry that this is going to lead to a demographic crash in the long run, where the scum and the leeches will out-breed the productive and intelligent. Europe already seems to be headed in this direction, and I don't want America to go the same way.

(And before anyone accuses me of being "racist", this has nothing to do with ethnicity - just behavior and ideas. There are plenty of people who are white that fall under my definition of "bottom of the gene pool".)
Old 02-04-2010, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
(And before anyone accuses me of being "racist", this has nothing to do with ethnicity - just behavior and ideas. There are plenty of people who are white that fall under my definition of "bottom of the gene pool".)
Like all those douchebag politicians?

Closed Thread