imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Guns & Movies

Old 10-08-2010, 04:57 AM

*Is late to the conversation*

The S&Ws are on there because they are cheap, like the rest of the guns on the list, not so much because they are the "largest handgun manufacturer in the USA".

Also, interesting article, MPM.
Old 10-08-2010, 10:17 AM

Well, I guess the M&P is a craptastic pistol. S&W needs to stick with metal guns, seeing as any polymer gun they make is horrible

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 10-08-2010, 01:11 PM

The m&P, like most guns, had issues taking off, buts now a good gun, knowplenty of happy owners. All guns have trouble, hearing trouble with gen 4 glocks now.

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 10-09-2010, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&Wshooter View Post
Well, I guess the M&P is a craptastic pistol. S&W needs to stick with metal guns, seeing as any polymer gun they make is horrible
I like the M&P quite a bit. I've got a significant number of rounds through a friend of mine's 9mm M&P and I find it to be a great pistol. It's very accurate and feels great in my hands. I know of many other people who also like theirs. However, when I think of Smith and Wesson I will admit I don't think of polymer handguns.
Old 10-09-2010, 06:04 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirearmFan View Post
I like the M&P quite a bit. I've got a significant number of rounds through a friend of mine's 9mm M&P and I find it to be a great pistol. It's very accurate and feels great in my hands. I know of many other people who also like theirs. However, when I think of Smith and Wesson I will admit I don't think of polymer handguns.
That's NOT the issue with police departments. Having one in fifty fail is unacceptable. The Single user is different than a department. YOU can luck out and get a great gun, but it should NOT be a crap shoot. Apparently there were multiple BAD guns in entire batches sent to a large department like SFPD and LA Sheriff.
Old 10-09-2010, 11:52 AM

Those were older isolated problems, new runs seem almost 100%, i dont know any unsatisfied users. Almost any gun will have problems from the start and take a while to iron it out, the m16 for example, military standard issue, and those sucked bad in the beginning.

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 10-09-2010, 04:27 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
Those were older isolated problems, new runs seem almost 100%, i dont know any unsatisfied users.
Again, You're ONE GUY. You may know a few guys. That sampling is way too small to be valid to determine whether or not a gun has a quality control problem or not.
Old 10-09-2010, 10:42 PM

I haven't heard many good things about the M&P

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 10-09-2010, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 View Post
That's NOT the issue with police departments. Having one in fifty fail is unacceptable. The Single user is different than a department. YOU can luck out and get a great gun, but it should NOT be a crap shoot. Apparently there were multiple BAD guns in entire batches sent to a large department like SFPD and LA Sheriff.
I'm not really disagreeing with you, my comment was MY personal opinion on the M&P directed towards S&Wshooters comment "I guess the M&P is a craptastic pistol." Everyone has different opinions on different guns and I'm perfectly ok with that.
Old 10-10-2010, 01:08 AM

Just saying you cant base a gun based on performance of the ffirst models, a lot of guns, almost all, have teething problems. Glock failed at first but dont see anyone saying its unfit for duty based on the first models. It looks like smith and wesson has ironed out some flaws.

Grunt, Mass effect 3