imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Guns & Movies

Old 03-03-2011, 11:44 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

"You people break into other's homes wearing black mask. When I was growing up, the bad guys do that not the cops."

Awesome line

But I do understand the idea of automatic weapon. It's cool, but I don't need one because I am not military trained to fire one and would just waste ammo, but I would like the option to get one more easily than jumping through a thousand hoops and a mountain of paper work and get harassed by the ATF every month

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 03-04-2011, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
"

But I do understand the idea of automatic weapon. It's cool, but I don't need one because I am not military trained to fire one and would just waste ammo, but I would like the option to get one more easily than jumping through a thousand hoops and a mountain of paper work and get harassed by the ATF every month
The way I see it if you have fun then it isn't ammo wasted.
Old 03-04-2011, 01:54 PM

Quote:
and get harassed by the ATF every month

Theres a myth and a half. So many people claim having anything class 3 means the atf swings by doing random inspections, that you give up privacy rights, etc. In reality all you deal with is the paperwork and the wait. My state allows class 3s and guys at my range do subgun shoots on the idpa ranges. Never been given a problem, the myth is probablly made by brady bunchers trying to keep you from having one. Id like a .22 with a supressor some day for plinking at places where you can shoot but noise causes complaints. A full auto .22 would be the ultimate plinker.

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 03-04-2011, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
Theres a myth and a half. So many people claim having anything class 3 means the atf swings by doing random inspections, that you give up privacy rights, etc. In reality all you deal with is the paperwork and the wait. My state allows class 3s and guys at my range do subgun shoots on the idpa ranges. Never been given a problem, the myth is probablly made by brady bunchers trying to keep you from having one. Id like a .22 with a supressor some day for plinking at places where you can shoot but noise causes complaints. A full auto .22 would be the ultimate plinker.
Of coures the ATF doesn't give 2 goddamns about the law or your rights, so they could do a random inspection if they feel like it.

They have already been harassing gun owners around the border

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 03-05-2011, 01:11 AM
Constantine

The movie "Crash" as well....Has an anit-gun hue of liberal to it.
Old 05-06-2011, 04:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
I would imagine most viewers would see the movie and think that automatic weapons can be bought at gun stores with minimal effort.
Most viewers probably don't know full autos aren't legal. Most viewers probably don't know the difference between semi auto and full auto.
Old 05-06-2011, 05:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_Goodbomb View Post
Most viewers probably don't know full autos aren't legal. Most viewers probably don't know the difference between semi auto and full auto.
If I had a dollar for every time the news has referred to an SKS as an assault rifle...
Old 05-06-2011, 02:03 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_Goodbomb View Post
Full-autos are technically legal; you just can't buy them the same way that normal rifles or pistols can be purchased. Or without taking out another mortgage.

But point taken...most people don't know the difference between auto and semi-auto.
Old 05-06-2011, 07:04 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
I got to shoot a full-auto .22 once. It was a Ruger 10/22 converted with some special pre-ban open bolt mod. Fired at about 1100rpm, and it was awesome to shoot with 50 round pre-ban mags. Even though each run through was an entire box of rounds, and the barrel would get pretty hot.

It hadn't been cleaned well enough so it jammed, which took some of the enjoyment out of rocking and rolling with it. Gun had no kick but the muzzle climb was tough to handle. I was like 13 at the time, so maybe now I'd be able to control it, but at the time it just jumped right up. Don't know what became of that gun, but I'd love to see it again.