imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 04-10-2013, 05:01 AM

started playing the new gears of war, its fun, but since its a "flashback" style game, you know your whole squad survives so theres no tension in game.

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 04-10-2013, 12:17 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
started playing the new gears of war, its fun, but since its a "flashback" style game, you know your whole squad survives so theres no tension in game.
It's not just that, but they who flashback with an alternate take is nothing more than horde mode built into the campaign. The story isn't different, just harder if you pick the COG marks

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 04-10-2013, 05:43 PM

im only like an hour in been busy with work but its still fun.

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 04-11-2013, 02:50 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Wasn't Point Break already remade as The Fast and the Furious?

http://www.deadline.com/2013/04/alco...-break-remake/
Old 04-11-2013, 06:35 PM

I just bought a Bleach DVD box set that deals with Ichigo's training with the Visoreds.

Also, here is something that has been nagging me for quite a bit: is Soi Fon gay for Yoruichi or something?

You're every bit the detective that your followers on internet believe - Brainiac, Superman The Animated Series
Old 04-11-2013, 08:08 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordfish941 View Post
I just bought a Bleach DVD box set that deals with Ichigo's training with the Visoreds.

Also, here is something that has been nagging me for quite a bit: is Soi Fon gay for Yoruichi or something?
It's actually more implied that Soi Fon had treated Yoruichi like some kind of goddess on a pedestal and admires her to the point of being obsessive and almost childish.

Who can say, it's Anime. You should be used to that kind of stuff by now

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle

Old 04-12-2013, 03:16 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

The Raid: Redemption was excellent, I absolutely recommend it. It's definitely one of the better films I've watched for the site. It felt a bit like District B13 meets Ong-Bak. Points off for going all airsoft though. I don't know if Indonesia has crazy restrictive gun laws like Japan, but if you're going to go through the hassle of sending all of your actors to train with a real military unit, you might as well go all out.
Old 04-14-2013, 03:14 AM

Finally saw the new Red Dawn. Not as bad as I expected, but still pretty bad. I did lol at the part where one of Tanner's Marines just waltzes casually across the NK command center in full view of the enemy troops inside and no one even bats an eyelid, though.

I'm in fear of the sequel that's almost surely coming, though.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 04-14-2013, 05:32 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
Finally saw the new Red Dawn. Not as bad as I expected, but still pretty bad. I did lol at the part where one of Tanner's Marines just waltzes casually across the NK command center in full view of the enemy troops inside and no one even bats an eyelid, though.

I think if you change a couple things, this could be a "better movie". Like the long ass intro about how North Korea is a threat in the beginning of the movie. Make North Korea invading be as vague as possible. Let it be in the perspective of the civilians. Let them be confused and try to find out information on their own.

They really needed to emphasis how "Thor" is a Marine more often in the movie than just mention it once and not even have the guy mention it to his fellow Marines.

The Asian Marine is obviously supposed to be a Korean. Why didn't they have obvious tension between the guy and other characters or his opinions about the racial backlash against Korean Americans?

Have Jed die in the remake similar to the way he died in the original and with a stand off with the Korean Captain and have him stand down because he has some semblance of humanity instead of being classic "bad guy". The man needs some depth.

Old 04-14-2013, 05:39 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post

The movie languished in the can for two years before it got released, and it died a quick death at the box office. I don't think we have to worry about a sequel.