imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 04-21-2010, 07:22 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur
Default The ATF and Custom are stupid about Airsoft

Look, I know I should be open minded, calm and civil when it comes to how ignorant, arrogant and well dumb our law enforcement agencies can be about guns, but this story I came across randomly just makes me piss.

I used to be in Airsoft. I played in college when I was in Purdue, part of a team that's part of an even bigger group all across the state. We went to Kentucky to take part in a mock battle of Operation Irene and played with THE Colonel McKnight in Airsoft, Marines, soldiers, police. Airsoft is a sport, a game, serious and fun.

This story I found about the ATF confiscating a shipment of Airsoft to a local mom and pop store because they can be converted into REAL guns made me mad, just mad. And how the ATF would dodge the questions and comments about if they can be made to shoot live rounds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rEuT...eature=related

The follow up story

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPx_k...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1Fm4...eature=related

Listening to all this is just wow. 50,000 dollars worth of Airsoft stolen by the ATF. I mean this is stupid. They don't want to confiscate real shipments of guns coming into the US, but they want to confiscate pretty much toys. Looks like that one british commercial about airsoft being converted to live guns have screwed with the ATF's heads

Let me be clear, an Airsoft player will treat Airsoft like real firearms. We use the same gun rules, treat all if they are loaded, never point at anything that you are not willing to destroy, finger off the trigger until on target. We wear eye protections, before we play, we go over the safety and realities, we even have medics on site at big games.

I was at Walgreens recently and I saw a Nerf gun that's a double barrel rifle. Put 2 shells and bang. ATF going to get those? I mean someone can convert those into real guns right? They going to start taking away Red Ryders? My Daisy? (being sarcastic)

And the news vids are actually very neutral in their reporting instead of the usual Fox anti-gun bullshit

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”

Last edited by Excalibur; 04-21-2010 at 07:40 PM.
Old 04-21-2010, 08:58 PM

It'd be easier to MAKE a frickin' gun than it would be to convert something like that

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 04-21-2010, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&Wshooter View Post
It'd be easier to MAKE a frickin' gun than it would be to convert something like that
I would think so, too.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 04-21-2010, 10:14 PM

Personally I am wondering about Unlawful search and sesure here.

If I was the local federal judge I would personally throw out the case and then ask the regional ATF head to fire these clowns. They are giving everyone in law enforcement a bad name.
Old 04-22-2010, 12:48 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

According to the guy who was wronged by the ATF, he called the main office of the BATFE and he got someone who said that Airsoft is not under their jurisdiction and to give the man at the Oregon's local office their number, but the local office at Oregon didn't care

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle

Old 04-22-2010, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
According to the guy who was wronged by the ATF, he called the main office of the BATFE and he got someone who said that Airsoft is not under their jurisdiction and to give the man at the Oregon's local office their number, but the local office at Oregon didn't care
I'd sue the bastards

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 04-22-2010, 01:56 AM
IMFDB Admin

I'd get petitions and support from everyone I can get and get a rally outside the local ATF building that stole my shit

Old 04-22-2010, 04:29 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Wow, that's messed up. On a side note, I didn't know that airsoft rules fell under BATF's jurisdiction? I know they are regulated by Customs since they (mostly) come into this country from Asia.
Old 04-22-2010, 07:14 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
Wow, that's messed up. On a side note, I didn't know that airsoft rules fell under BATF's jurisdiction? I know they are regulated by Customs since they (mostly) come into this country from Asia.
Well according to the guy who got screwed over by the ATF, he was able to talk to an agent at the main office of the BATFE and he was told that the ATF had no jurisdiction on Airsoft what so ever. But that did not change the minds of the local ATF guys that pretty much up and stole his Airsoft. seriously, it's a lot of money

Old 04-23-2010, 04:28 AM

Well if I can convert an Airsoft Gun into a real one, I could go make a army of operators by buying these and a dozen copies of MW2. Now I feel good about my tax dollars.