imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 03:18 AM
IMFDB Admin

And like I said, bodily harm won't kill them but it will injure them beyond mobility. A 10 Gauge round could crush the sternum or shatter a leg bone.

Plus, .22s are kind of boring. When people see a ten gauge, they get ready for some action.

Also, I have a scene where we shootout with religous zealots in a house, which we have choreagraphed pretty well. No zombies here, so we can show off some people on people CQB.
Old 05-19-2009, 03:33 AM

I just dont get how a shot to the heart wouldnt stop it, muscles need blood to operate. they, may, however, be resilient to pain and need so may shots to the torso that headshots are way more effective. Unless a spines hit, then it goes down.
Old 05-19-2009, 03:45 AM
IMFDB Admin

How does a corpse walk around without a pulse and flowing blood? Zombies are not logical, so it doesn't matter to much to put logic in it.
Old 05-19-2009, 04:04 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

The central nervous system controls actual movement of the body. A constant electrical charge from the brain passing through the body to move nerves, make muscles move. Even if you are dead with no pulse, a charge from an outside source can make your body move. What if the zombie virus has enough energy given to the brain to sort of shock the body into movement. It is never established if a zombie don't have a pulse or flowing blood, but they are technically dead since they are rotting.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 05-19-2009, 07:34 AM

The scene I've always imagined in a zombie movie is as follows.

Zombies are flocking toward a building, and a reckless member of the group throws some dynamite at them. Unfortunately the blast shatters the windows on the building, rendering it's defensive capabilities somewhat inert.
So the group(6 people or more) forms into a line abreast formation and advances slowly on the remaining zombies firing an assortment of .22 rifles and various other readily available sporting arms.
The coolest shot would be a wide angle showing them moving forward with a line of muzzle flash blinking intermittently. The camera zooms backwards into the third story of the building while frightened non-combatants look on anxiously.
The sheer amount of firepower presented at the same time(like an American 180 split into multiple parts) destroys the group of zombies.
Old 05-19-2009, 07:36 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

That's the thing about a zombie thing, everyone seems to think somehow an infection gets out and in no time at all, say over night like in Dawn of the Dead a LOT of people get infected and worse, every day people seem to not notice it or it catches the world completely off guard. It seems too convenient for the sake of plot that an entire world can be infected with zombies unless the virus is air borne or spread through rodents like rats or bugs like flies. If that;'s the case then no where is safe.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle

Old 05-19-2009, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
That's the thing about a zombie thing, everyone seems to think somehow an infection gets out and in no time at all, say over night like in Dawn of the Dead a LOT of people get infected and worse, every day people seem to not notice it or it catches the world completely off guard. It seems too convenient for the sake of plot that an entire world can be infected with zombies unless the virus is air borne or spread through rodents like rats or bugs like flies. If that;'s the case then no where is safe.
Well, people are now pretty aware of H1N1, but still new cases of infection are revealed each day.
Old 05-19-2009, 02:18 PM
IMFDB Admin

Yeah...does anyone remember the Bird Flu?...What about SARS?....yeah did I.

Old 05-19-2009, 04:04 PM

I see this.....A city and a couple towns down in a valley, Where there is just a major highway leading in. The city's population is around 5000, with a couple thousand in the smaller suburb-like towns. Overall, small populations, cut off from the world almost. Some domestic terrorists start to attack first responders, burning fire trucks, ambulanc3es, ambushing police. Big firefights happen. While emergency workers are tied up, some well-armed terrorists, wearing gas masks and biosuits, move into the main city and release the virus in multiple parts. Most people are infected or slaughtered by the infected. The terrorists set up shop in a sturdy building, maybve the city hall. They watch as the city is taken out and infected swarm to surrounding towns. The military sees emergency calls and seals the valley, easily by blocking the highway and shooting any zombies that make it that far.In One of the towns Ill have a group of neighbors and friends from different backgrounds band together. They fight zombies, yes, some religious zealot types, and the terrorists. You have all the elememnts for a friggin sweet game too. Ill come up with a character/weapon list later.

As for the zombies, they are infected people, there mind has been taken by the virus and they are very instinctual. They can be killed by any conventional means, they are jst somewhat harder to take down as they don't feel pain and even a shot to the heart will take a few seconds to down them until they bleed out. Spine/head shots are the only "instant" kills, unless you hit them with enough firepower to destroy them. Their speed is medium, they are not the slow zombies that just walk around but they are not fast either, kind of sluggish and confused.

Last edited by k9870; 05-19-2009 at 04:34 PM.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:06 PM

K870: that sounds like the plot of Dead Rising, only WAY better. Dead Rising was ridiculous.
Closed Thread