imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 11-13-2012, 10:41 PM

I feel all this angst over "secession" could better be directed towards having proportional representation of electoral votes...like Nebraska and Maine do.

As one of my fraternity brothers put it...."California and thier 55 votes can go fall off into the pacific."
Old 11-14-2012, 02:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEMack618 View Post
As one of my fraternity brothers put it...."California and thier 55 votes can go fall off into the pacific."
Meanwhile, in California...

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 11-14-2012, 02:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
Meanwhile, in California...

Where's that from? Wait! let me guess: some Roland Emmerich film.

You're every bit the detective that your followers on internet believe - Brainiac, Superman The Animated Series
Old 11-14-2012, 03:38 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

I am sooooo tired of hearing about Petraeus' affair already. Who gives a shit? The man is one of the best officers of his generation, and it's absurd to me that Americans care more about his extramarital affairs than his professional competency. It makes me kinda ashamed to even be an American.
Old 11-14-2012, 04:07 AM

^2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wierd It View Post
If I hadn't seen it in other, less... reactionary news outlets I'd write it off as Fox News being sensationalist.

But given the other crap that's come out of the "OMG There's still a black guy in the big chair despite everything we were taught about black people being inferior to white people" crowd, this does not surprise me.

In short, it's a load of "how dare the country vote in a way that's not what I wanted".

Although the fightback has apparently already started.
I really doubt it has to do with him being black or white people being "superior", at least for most people. I know it certainly doesn't me (not that I've signed the California petition anyway). And those still stuck on his skin color need to realize racism is severely outdated. I think it's a matter of people not getting heard and this seems to them to apparently be the only way to be heard.

That petition to strip petition signers of citizenship and exile them is far more un-American than any attempt to secede is, since it basically wants people punished for not falling in line with an administration whose policies they disagree with and have the right to protest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
I am sooooo tired of hearing about Petraeus' affair already. Who gives a shit? The man is one of the best officers of his generation, and it's absurd to me that Americans care more about his extramarital affairs than his professional competency. It makes me kinda ashamed to even be an American.
Oh, I agree completely. I could understand if he coerced her into it, but it was a mutually-consensual relationship between two adults.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman

Last edited by Spartan198; 11-14-2012 at 03:54 PM.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:18 PM

Gentleman, not to indulge in the tin foil hattery so prevalent, atleast in th view of the media amongst consrvative gun owners, but allow me, if you will to put on my Dale Gribble hat, which actually I am wearing my "MACK" truck hat today, so it fits.

Between General Ham resigning, Admiral Gaouett being "reasigned", the resignation of Director Petraeus, and the resignation of ScDef Panetta, all coinciding to occur post election, I can't shake the feeling that something is amiss. Just saying.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:46 AM

Holder knew about the affair for weeks, waited till after election to move in case news affected obamas reelection.

Obama wants petraeus discredited, since petraeus will tell the truth on beghazi, and it will not look good for Obummer.

The whole thing is rotten. I know a CIA director cant have an affair, as its potential blackmail material to someone who has access to national secrets, but theres something else going on.

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 11-15-2012, 10:36 PM

just got off the phone with my mother....

Mom:"Your order from Cabela's came today." [three cases of steel shot for duck season]
Me: "Great. What did you do with it?"
Mom:"Put it in your room. Oh, you need to move it when you get home."
Me: "Why?"
Mom: "Katherine[my big sister]tripped over it today."
Me: "Why was she in my room?"
Mom: "Oh, she's using it as an office now."
Me:
Old 11-16-2012, 04:39 AM

Prices are going up at pizza hut on the 27th as the result of obamacare, at least there not slashing my hours yet

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 11-18-2012, 02:28 AM

I went both deer and duck hunting today and all I have to show for it is a head cold.