imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 09-28-2017, 01:39 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Tim View Post
I suppose it's possible that the CPU is in the head since the puny humans will aim for the CoM to hit the powerpack, so Skynet might be able to recover the undamaged head of a destroyed "veteran" Terminator and stick it on a new body. Plus a Terminator's skull could be a pretty solid chunk of metal since it doesn't need to contain much else, might even be more effective armour on the skull than the chest since the chest needs to devote a lot of space to the powerpack and arm and waist actuators. You see when John takes out T-101's CPU in T2 that it's buried right down in there and the skull is otherwise more or less solid.
There would be no point recovering the head of a "veteran" terminator for the CPU, as it is covered in T2 that when the Terminators are in the field they have their learning switched to "off" (John turns it on). There would be no difference between a Terminator that had combat experience and one that didn't as they do not actually learn anything from it. If we want to come up with a fan-wank explanation for why the CPU is in the head, maybe we can also say that it needs to be away from the powerpack for EM or radiation reasons or something.
Old 09-28-2017, 04:08 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

It's official, only the first two films count.

http://screenrant.com/terminator-6-t...nt-day-sequel/
Old 09-28-2017, 09:31 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by commando552 View Post
There would be no point recovering the head of a "veteran" terminator for the CPU, as it is covered in T2 that when the Terminators are in the field they have their learning switched to "off" (John turns it on). There would be no difference between a Terminator that had combat experience and one that didn't as they do not actually learn anything from it. If we want to come up with a fan-wank explanation for why the CPU is in the head, maybe we can also say that it needs to be away from the powerpack for EM or radiation reasons or something.
And they could be doing the whole Cylon thing and being connected to a network so all bots know where the others are

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 09-29-2017, 05:47 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by commando552 View Post
No, read-only is when they're "sent out alone" (I think that might only be said in the director's cut) not whenever they're in the field. Like Sarah says, it's because Skynet doesn't want lone Terminators contemplating whether the puny humans need to be kill'd.

Last edited by Evil Tim; 09-29-2017 at 05:50 AM.
Old 09-30-2017, 02:47 AM

Fallout is free on steam right now

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 09-30-2017, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&Wshooter View Post
I signed up for Steam so I could get the game.

You're every bit the detective that your followers on internet believe - Brainiac, Superman The Animated Series
Old 10-02-2017, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
It's official, only the first two films count.

http://screenrant.com/terminator-6-t...nt-day-sequel/

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 10-02-2017, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&Wshooter View Post
Knew there was a reason I kept it around..
Old 10-06-2017, 10:04 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUjicxMPDzs

Hey kids, all aboard the Hype Train! *choo-choo*

My only gripe with this film is that Ramin Djawadi isn't returning to compose the score (thanks to his work on Game of Thrones, he's become one of my favorite composers).

You're every bit the detective that your followers on internet believe - Brainiac, Superman The Animated Series
Old 11-03-2017, 03:07 AM

So CBS's new SWAT show has the police with blue lasers. Might be the fist time anyone's used them in a movie/TV show.

Aside from that, it has potential. the pilot was a rushed mess that has a terrible forced Black Lives Matter plot, a rushed OTT ex-military bank robber plot, and Hondo's romance with his now-boss plot. Street is a stupid hothead, though I will admit he drives well, and Obligatory Female Character is a bit flat, but meh.

Last edited by Mandolin; 11-03-2017 at 03:30 AM.