imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Guns & Movies

Old 08-22-2009, 08:05 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmaster45 View Post
Do it. I only took the caps you see here for ID confirmation. In fact, Marksman isn't too high up on my to-do list stack, so go ahead. I only bought it because I figured it would have some refreshing gun selections, which it did. But it was so horrible I was just happy it ended.

Besides, my soul dies a little very time I watch it. I'll be definately exchanging it at FYE in the future.

But if you know, PLEASE tell me what that SMG is. It's driving me crazy.
It's something that has eluded me for years.... seriously. That is a gun that I've seen in any film made in Romania, but it's not identified ANYWHERE. It's an Uzi/MAC/MP5 hybrid that they use as an Uzi mockup in their movies. NONE of the North American Armorers seem to know what the Hell that gun is. I need to go to Bucharest to find out......

Don't we have any Eastern European members on IMFDB who can tell us?
Old 08-22-2009, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
Pump action AK? Never heard of it before. Is it something like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vl927obOpxU
That's exactly the neutered Ak I'm talking about. if you look at the screencaps you can see the channel in the grips for the pump action. Frankly I've seen them and I don't like the looks of them.
Old 08-23-2009, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 View Post
It's something that has eluded me for years.... seriously. That is a gun that I've seen in any film made in Romania, but it's not identified ANYWHERE. It's an Uzi/MAC/MP5 hybrid that they use as an Uzi mockup in their movies. NONE of the North American Armorers seem to know what the Hell that gun is. I need to go to Bucharest to find out......

Don't we have any Eastern European members on IMFDB who can tell us?
I've done a bit of Visual searching for Romanian Submachineguns and there is a Model 96 submachinegun that has a resemblance to that mistery weapon.
Old 08-23-2009, 09:22 PM
IMFDB Admin

You mean the RATMIL Model 96?

Close, but no cigar.

IT has a bolt handle on the side, not on the top like and Uzi, and has an AK-type selector switch. The stock is off too.
Old 08-24-2009, 05:45 PM

Well in that case i need to go looking for more easter European Submachineguns as the Model 96 is one of only two native Romanian SMG designes that I could find. Frankly I think we need to do a European Tour of Movie Armories as soon as I win my local Mega Millions Lotto (It's currently estimated to be $252 Million)
Old 08-24-2009, 09:52 PM

Quote:
It most closely resembles an Uzi, but has a hooded front sight, an MP5 stock, and the magazine is loaded in front of the pistol grip, not in it like an Uzi.
Shot in the dark... Dressed up Thompson?
Old 09-06-2009, 05:21 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:

Besides, my soul dies a little very time I watch it. I'll be definately exchanging it at FYE in the future.
hahahaha. I was 75% done with The Marksman (and struggling to finish the last 25%) and I loved your comment about how your soul dies a little time every time you watch it! I get it! I was wondering what that pain in my chest was when I was screencapping. It's just such a BAD MOVIE that I think that the world is about to melt with each frame! hahaha. It's not in the "So bad it's good" category. There's something wrong with most of the 'shoot em up' films from Eastern Europe.
Old 09-06-2009, 02:03 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 View Post
There's something wrong with most of the 'shoot em up' films from Eastern Europe.
Shooting in Eastern Europe is inexpensive, but that just means it's only appealing to people who have close to no budget to work with. From a guns POV, I personally find it just a tad bit annoying that they only seem to use locally-produced weaponry, which means AK, Makarov, and CZ75 clones are pretty much all that you ever see.

The only exception I can think of is "Hitman" (which was still a bad film), and that movie used French-owned guns exported to Bulgaria for filming.