imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Guns & Movies

Old 08-17-2009, 02:51 AM

Default Monk

Got this on DVD, 4 seasons. Ill screencap eventually, but will start with guns and gun images. Just giv ing a heads up that screencaps are to come. Someone started a page, it was just not good at all.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:02 AM
IMFDB Admin

Look forward to seeing it.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:02 PM

Im wondering, should I devide by season? I know its been discussed shows with multiple seasons and guns used in each but i never really saw a clear answer.

Last edited by k9870; 08-17-2009 at 09:09 PM.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:14 PM
IMFDB Admin

I got the impression that going by seasons isn't how you should do a TV show. Personally, I think you should just list the guns without any categorizes and crap. Monk can't have TOO many guns in it.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:14 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

There is really not much consensus among us about how to do things. Personally, I actually think the Seasons thing is a good idea for long pages with lots and lots of guns. It works pretty well on our "24" page, and I think the "Miami Vice" page could use the same treatment. But that is only my opinion.

"Monk" has been on long enough (7 years now) that I think it could probably benefit from the Seasons format if you decide to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmaster45 View Post
I got the impression that going by seasons isn't how you should do a TV show. Personally, I think you should just list the guns without any categorizes and crap. Monk can't have TOO many guns in it.
I haven't watched "Monk" in about 5 years now, but I actually remember a decent number of different types of guns. Also, Steve worked on that show (at least a few episodes of it).
Old 08-17-2009, 10:27 PM

Theres guns in every episode almost.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:42 PM

The only objection I have with the 24 page is (other than being incomplete, which I understand) that you use the doube and triple equal signs for the section and gun headings, like so

== Season 1==

===So and So handgun===

It looks alot neater if you do it like the Miami Vice and Black Lagoon pages like so

=Season 1=

==So and So handgun==

It gives both the section and gun heading large, nonbolded text, as well as a line to divide the sections/guns, which looks neater than bolding, in my opinion.

As for season order or gun order, I'd suggest a hybrid order where you do it by season and then order the guns by type appropriately, but that would not allow for the "better looking" format as seen on the Miami Vice or Black Lagoon pages. There should be some sort of Standard Oerating Procedure to decide which to use, like, if the show was longer than so many seasons or has more than so many guns per season, it should follow a certain type of format.

Just a thought.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:49 PM
IMFDB Admin

And that's why I chose that == to ==== style on the Mail Call page. I've always hated putting guns into categories, but once I figured that out, I took to it a bit.
Old 08-18-2009, 12:11 AM
IMFDB Admin

[quote=MT2008;6085]There is really not much consensus among us about how to do things. Personally, I actually think the Seasons thing is a good idea for long pages with lots and lots of guns. It works pretty well on our "24" page, and I think the "Miami Vice" page could use the same treatment. But that is only my opinion.
[quote]

I was told not to separate them into seasons, by GM45 when I first started on the Miami Vice page. At the time I wanted to. But now that 2 seasons are done I'm glad it isn't. There would be way too many repeats. Also by the time the page would have been completed there would be around 200+ guns. There was close to 50 different ones in the first season. I've just started the 3rd season we're at 90 weapons. Separating them by firearm class works fine for me.
Old 08-18-2009, 12:33 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by predator20 View Post
I was told not to separate them into seasons, by GM45 when I first started on the Miami Vice page. At the time I wanted to. But now that 2 seasons are done I'm glad it isn't. There would be way too many repeats. Also by the time the page would have been completed there would be around 200+ guns. There was close to 50 different ones in the first season. I've just started the 3rd season we're at 90 weapons. Separating them by firearm class works fine for me.
Like I said, we really don't have a consensus yet. It's fine with me if you do it that way, but I personally like the Season style better. Also, repeating guns doesn't matter if you want to describe different characters, etc. who use the same guns in different seasons.