imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Guns & Movies

Old 08-18-2009, 12:59 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
Like I said, we really don't have a consensus yet. It's fine with me if you do it that way, but I personally like the Season style better. Also, repeating guns doesn't matter if you want to describe different characters, etc. who use the same guns in different seasons.
I think as more and more gun heavy shows are worked on. People will be able to see what works best. There will always be a preference some people will stick too. I think whoever is doing the most contributing on page should do it the way they like whether it be season to season are just firearm class. But I think if a show is going to be done by season there should be a page for each season. That way the page is down to a reasonable level. I mean if 24 was complete season by season that page would be effing monstrous.
Old 08-18-2009, 01:10 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by predator20 View Post
I think as more and more gun heavy shows are worked on. People will be able to see what works best. There will always be a preference some people will stick too. I think whoever is doing the most contributing on page should do it the way they like whether it be season to season are just firearm class. But I think if a show is going to be done by season there should be a page for each season. That way the page is down to a reasonable level. I mean if 24 was complete season by season that page would be effing monstrous.
Fair enough, as I said, I'm not out to enforce a particular standard, just saying that if I had the stamina to do a page that long, I would probably choose the Season format for my own work. But I haven't done too many TV pages (and nearly all of those I've done are for shows that lasted only a couple seasons and didn't have nearly as many guns in them as a show like "Miami Vice" or "24").

Don't worry, I'm not slandering the hard work that you and Gunman69 have done on the "Miami Vice" page. It looks wonderful and will be much appreciated by our readers and fans of the show...even though I have to wait all day for it to load in its entirety.
Old 08-18-2009, 01:21 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Fair enough, as I said, I'm not out to enforce a particular standard, just saying that if I had the stamina to do a page that long, I would probably choose the Season format for my own work. But I haven't done too many TV pages (and nearly all of those I've done are for shows that lasted only a couple seasons and didn't have nearly as many guns in them as a show like "Miami Vice" or "24").

Don't worry, I'm not slandering the hard work that you and Gunman69 have done on the "Miami Vice" page. It looks wonderful and will be much appreciated by our readers and fans of the show...even though I have to wait all day for it to load in its entirety.
I know you're not slandering the page, you complemented on it in the talk page. Yes I do know about the loading also, it takes a while. It would be way worse if it was done by season, that's why I think if someone is going to go by season. There should a page for each season.
Old 08-18-2009, 03:23 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by predator20 View Post
I know you're not slandering the page, you complemented on it in the talk page. Yes I do know about the loading also, it takes a while. It would be way worse if it was done by season, that's why I think if someone is going to go by season. There should a page for each season.
It's something to consider, and not something I'd personally be opposed to. But it might confuse our readers a bit more. Something to discuss, nonetheless...
Old 08-18-2009, 06:45 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
It's something to consider, and not something I'd personally be opposed to. But it might confuse our readers a bit more. Something to discuss, nonetheless...
If it was allowed, I wouldn't mind doing Miami Vice by season. I have a lot of snaps on each episode that I didn't put up because we already had too many of that certain gun etc.

Some shows it wouldn't be necessary to separate pages, but 24, Miami Vice, Mail Call etc it's something to consider.
Old 08-25-2009, 12:19 AM
Formerly "Checkman"
IMFDB Admin

I agree that some shows like Miami Vice could be divided into seasons. That show's page takes forever to download. It's a good looking page however.
Old 08-25-2009, 01:29 AM

Monks got 7 or 8 season, although i only own 1 through .4