imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 02-24-2011, 07:36 PM

Now Jay Really pisses me off, Ive got somebody to hate on now. The guy was getting mad at a Former SEAL for telling him to stop using the teacup grip and to keep his finger off the trigger, and he was like "stop telling me how to shoot" then he tried to sight his teams rifle in for himself, when they were all on target and he was hsooting poorly, couldnt blae it on his poor skills, and he wouldnt listen to the revovler instructor either, even though he clearly didnt know how to shoot it....

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 03-02-2011, 10:34 PM

Damn Maggies gone, I thought she would do well with the three gun background seeing everybody else seems specialized and not as well rounded.

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 03-02-2011, 11:15 PM

I hate when people get knocked out because of game dynamic (Jermaine) or because they are at an inherent disadvantage that they generally can't overcome (both women). Holding and shooting a heavy ass Thompson and drawing a bow and arrow require not only technique, but physical strength, and not to say the women didn't have that, but they certainly were at no advantage going against men who were just generally stronger. You might argue that if they were any good, they wouldn't get to the elimination challenge and be at said disadvantage, but Maggie went to the bow and arrow elimination challenge because she sucked with... a bow and arrow. Kind of silly. Athena is less excusable since she is a pistol shooter, but people like her are not trained with EVERY pistol ever, probably just their custom race gun (apparently she uses a 1911 based race gun) or whatever the hell they use. If you are the World Champion with that, it doesn't mean you are any good with anything else, especially the polar opposite gun which is a double action revolver.

Don't get me wrong, I am enjoying the show, I just understand a few things that take away from it's impact, annoy me, or both. Jay Lim is kind of a bitch though.
Old 03-02-2011, 11:18 PM

Jay just was not being a team player, and disrespected the instructor last week, Athena performed poorly, but maggie did good up until the bow, and seemed confident with rifle and pistol, unlike others who seemed very one or the other.

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 03-02-2011, 11:26 PM

I understood Jay's logic in not changing his grip, so I don't have a gripe with that, but my problem with him is he still thinks (or thought, I think the drama is over now) that he was the team captain, and needed to assume some kind of leadership role. Not only did he not need to do that, but he isn't even equipped to do that. He has barely any prior knowledge of the sport, nor does he know anything outside his techniques. His inner golf instructor seems to get the better of him, and in this instance he's not the person that should be instructing.
Old 03-03-2011, 12:00 AM

Grip is one thing, but it was almost like he was pissed that instructor was telling him to change (he did this with the revovler too) and wasn't open to learning, then he wanted to change the sights on the team rifle for himsel when everybody else was doing fine. He also had his finger on trigger changing positions, and I just plain dont like his attitude.

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 03-09-2011, 03:31 PM

What is it with Jay Disrespecting everyone and refusing to even try and learn anything.

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 03-09-2011, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
What is it with Jay Disrespecting everyone and refusing to even try and learn anything.
He has a severe case of "being an asshole"

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 03-09-2011, 08:17 PM

Yeah, i can understand somewhat not changing his (awful) grip, but guests try to show him something, hell even teammates, and he just says "no ill do it my way." Yesterday, one teamamte said "let me show you a little thing that may help you" and he told him to go away. Then they interview him and he acts like hes top dog.

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 03-09-2011, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
Yeah, i can understand somewhat not changing his (awful) grip, but guests try to show him something, hell even teammates, and he just says "no ill do it my way." Yesterday, one teamamte said "let me show you a little thing that may help you" and he told him to go away. Then they interview him and he acts like hes top dog.
Is he any good? Good enough to keep his teammates from kicking his ass out of the show?

http://www.introvertisland.com