imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 03-06-2011, 07:29 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Now that that's said and done, personally after looking at the new Beretta rifle, I don't like the shape of it. It's still too bulky of a weapon, despite being very light. When I held up an FS2000 once, I noticed it was very light, but felt very blocky and sorta unwieldly. So I picked up a Kel-tec bullpup rifle. It was a bit heavier and fired a bigger bullet, but it had a more slimmer profile and feel like I am holding less stuff.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 03-07-2011, 04:33 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
Well this sort of thing is really "the internet". You have a medium that allows you to speak your mind and rant on and on about said topic until people do get fed up from reading you're mini essay. I think we should try to be short and to the point but that is the ideal of internet conversations. A lot of us are just too used to speaking our minds to the point of not caring what the reactions are or responding poorly to people's reactions that we become pissed and need to explain everything all over again or do personal attacks for no reason.
I agree, 100% - it is WAY easier to be outspoken on the Internet and forget that nobody gives a shit about your rants besides yourself. And lots of people say stuff on the 'Net that would probably not say in real life.

But personally, when I see someone like Sillybunz on here, I like to remind them that just because you can get away with anti-social behavior on the Internet doesn't mean you should. You're not going to evolve into a pleasant person in real life if you make a habit of being a total jackass on here. Plus, it's just rude to the rest of us who want to have more constructive dialogue.

Of course, who am I to speak...after all, I'm such a know-it-all asshole.
Old 03-07-2011, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
Of course, who am I to speak...after all, I'm such a know-it-all asshole.
I sort of want to put up a link in reply to this, but it would probably lead to an argument

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 03-07-2011, 04:44 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&Wshooter View Post
I sort of want to put up a link in reply to this, but it would probably lead to an argument
Seriously, I know I'm something of a hypocrite, if that's what you're implying.
Old 03-07-2011, 05:09 AM
IMFDB Admin

This is all I have to say.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HB3tmC2f3t0
Old 03-07-2011, 01:51 PM

I want a springfield Range Officer.

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 03-07-2011, 04:25 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
I want a springfield Range Officer.
I wish they would have it available with fixed sights.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:35 PM

The Operator series is supposed to have match barrel/bushing and fixed night sights, i thats what your looking for. The range officer is a competition/target gun and has adjustables because of that, different competitors use different loads with different POI. I like the lack of front cocking serrations. The loaded model is the most bang for the buck in a duty type 1911 out there IMO but I shoot mostly at the range and I wouldnt carry a full size steel 1911, so the RO seems like my type of 1911.

Grunt, Mass effect 3

Last edited by k9870; 03-07-2011 at 08:02 PM.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:15 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
The Operator series is supposed to have match barrel/bushing and fixed night sights, i thats what your looking for. The range officer is a competition/target gun and has adjustables because of that, different competitors use different loads with different POI. I like the lack of front cocking serrations. The loaded model is the most bang for the buck in a duty type 1911 out there IMO but I shoot mostly at the range and I wouldnt carry a full size steel 1911, so the RO seems like my type of 1911.
You're still stuck with fugly front slide serrations on the Operator. The Range Officer is the only one they make with a beavertail and no front serrations. But to tell you the truth, if a GI grip safety is blended well, that's really all I need. My Springer Mil-Spec feels great in the hand. My RIA since its grip safety has a thinner profile, it doesn't blend as well into the lower frame so it's not as comfortable.

My Loaded as it sits, is pretty close to a TRP with the front checkering and magwell. Probably the best $500 I've spent on a gun. Well under $600 with shipping and FFL fee.

Last edited by predator20; 03-07-2011 at 08:22 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-07-2011, 08:28 PM

For some reason front serrations turn me off, theyre even worse on commander sized guns, at least the champions dont have it, but theyve got the bull barrel and I have no experience with those. Springfield's parkerizing actually looks good too, not cheap like some others like rock island. All shooter reviews of the RO have been positive. And I love beavertail safeties. Id probably upgrade in the future with some checkering 25-30 lpi on the front strap, some checkering on front of trigger guard, and a gold bead or a fiber optic in the front sight for contrast. I like the 2 tone look, its more subdued and not in your face but gives it character.

Grunt, Mass effect 3

Last edited by k9870; 03-07-2011 at 09:21 PM.