imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Guns & Movies

Old 01-24-2009, 08:38 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmaster45 View Post
Please add as much info to it on the page as you want. Nothing is better than having someone who worked on the gun comment on it.
That guns sent out on Speed are listed below.

Smith & Wesson 6904
HK MP5 built by La France Specialties
1911A1 with Surefire flash lights
Colt Series 70 9mm pistols with Surefire Flash Lights
HK MP5K built by La France Specialties
Mossberg 500 Mariner short barrel shotguns built by Ellis Mercantile.
Old 01-25-2009, 12:37 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Wait, so I'm confused...was the SP89 from Ellis or was it from Stembridge? Or did Syd Stembridge work as the on-set armorer and simply rent the guns from Ellis?
Old 01-25-2009, 02:07 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
Wait, so I'm confused...was the SP89 from Ellis or was it from Stembridge? Or did Syd Stembridge work as the on-set armorer and simply rent the guns from Ellis?
The MP5K/SP89 came from Ellis Mercantile and the weapons handler for that was Lance Larson. I am not sure if Syd was even there but I can find out. But as far as I know Lance was the on set Armorer for any of the NFA weapons. The property master and her crew handled the handguns.
Old 01-25-2009, 02:24 AM
IMFDB Admin

One more weapon that I forgot about was the sniper rifle. I built that at Ellis the rifle started out as a pre-64 Winchester Model 70. I had it re-barreled as I prepped the new Kevlar stock. It was then bedded action removed and blacken as the barrel was stainless. I then painted the stock to match a reference photo from LAPD Metro's rifle.
Old 01-25-2009, 02:40 AM
IMFDB Admin

Check out Long Mountain Outfitters website. He has a list of the weapons from Ellis he sold and the MP5K's and Mariners are on the list. Also if you look at the photos from Ellis Armory you can just see them above the two hard chromed AC556's from Escape from LA. They are on the right near the door when you are looking at the wall with the Thompsons, Bars and Stens.

Here's a link

http://www.longmountain.com/movieguns/ellisgunlist
Old 01-25-2009, 02:57 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

OK, thanks for the additional info. Interestingly, Lance Larson seems to have mostly Property Master and assistant Property Master credits on IMDB, though some armorer credits, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixent View Post
Check out Long Mountain Outfitters website. He has a list of the weapons from Ellis he sold and the MP5K's and Mariners are on the list. Also if you look at the photos from Ellis Armory you can just see them above the two hard chromed AC556's from Escape from LA. They are on the right near the door when you are looking at the wall with the Thompsons, Bars and Stens.

Here's a link

http://www.longmountain.com/movieguns/ellisgunlist
Yeah, I see 'em barely. If LMO sold the SP89 a few years ago, I wonder if they still have a picture of what it looked like when it was sold? I should e-mail Dan Shea and ask him.
Old 01-25-2009, 03:45 AM
IMFDB Admin

Lance was the Gun Room manager at Ellis when we did the guns for Speed. I was the gunsmith at Ellis for 8 years.

If you e-mail Dan Shea see if he has the photos both the SP89 and the Mariner shotgun.
Old 01-25-2009, 04:32 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixent View Post
Lance was the Gun Room manager at Ellis when we did the guns for Speed. I was the gunsmith at Ellis for 8 years.

If you e-mail Dan Shea see if he has the photos both the SP89 and the Mariner shotgun.
Yeah, will do, although I'm not sure he'll respond. I got an answer from him when I e-mailed him a few years back, but not a few months ago when I e-mailed him asking for a better picture of the modified M11 from "Spawn".