imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 02-16-2009, 09:59 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur
Default More gun pics

I think we should try to get more photos of the different variants of guns like MP5 with tri-rails, long barrelled Desert Eagle, the G36C with the optics carrying handle, and other variants because some films have these variants instead of the standard configurations we have on the site.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 02-17-2009, 12:16 AM

No problem, I'll just grab my MP5 TR, my Desert Eagle 10" and my G36C and get some pics on within the hour.

Wait a second.........................
Old 02-17-2009, 12:54 AM
IMFDB Admin

It would be better if MPM uploaded these, so I recommend you simply ask him and he'll eventually find them. If you do upload pics, try to make them look semi-pro until MPM does find these.
Old 02-17-2009, 01:28 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

My attitude is that we shouldn't go TOO crazy with variations of guns when accessories are the main thing distinguishing them. We had this issue when a user tried to post a picture of an M4 with M203, simply because it had an ACOG and the M4/M203 we had didn't. The problem is that there are so many accessories available for guns that you can get carried away. I dunno if it's necessary.

Some MP5s with tri-rails would be a good idea, I guess, because we've seen those in quite a few movies/TV shows now (including "24", "Hitman", "The Sarah Connor Chronicles", etc.)

As far as long-barreled Desert Eagles...have those appeared in any movies or TV shows? I know they've been in at least one or two video games, but no movies or TV shows. I think we should prioritize guns that actually appear in movies and TV shows.

Last edited by MT2008; 02-17-2009 at 03:10 AM.
Old 02-17-2009, 02:51 AM
IMFDB Admin

that WHAT?!
Old 02-17-2009, 03:09 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Sorry, I literally had to run and forgot about that post, so I just hit submit without thinking.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:18 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Well just asking for the G36C with the optic carrying handle isn't too much since it's been seen in Hot Fuzz and body of Lies. There isn't much else seen on a G36 besides particular sights. The K verison with the rails instead of optics is there already.

And alright sure, 10in Desert Eagle isn't needed since I've only seen it in Metal Gear Solid.

And "Yournamehere" act mature. What are you, 10?

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 02-17-2009, 07:56 PM
IMFDB Admin

I totally didn't realize he was being sarcastic. Wow, I must have been really busy when I read that.
Old 02-17-2009, 08:15 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

No need for hostility guys, let's not fight now.

As far as the Desert Eagle goes, I guess a 10" would be fine. I'm not opposed to it or anything. It's just that MPM has lots of stuff to photograph and can only do so much at a time, so I think we should establish priorities for what we need first. If a certain type of gun appears in dozens of movies (i.e. the Arctic Warfare rifles, for which we still don't have our own images) but hasn't been photographed yet, I think that should be top of the queue. As opposed to a gun that appears in one movie/TV show/video game and nothing else that's been documented on IMFDB yet.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 02-17-2009, 08:43 PM

The only movie in which I've seen the Desert Eagle with the 10" barrel was "I'm Gonna Git You, Sucka" a blackslpoitation film, which has tons of guns, but no one in the know world has seen it, or has a copy of it, or feels the need to screencap it.

Also, come on, that was funny. Not to mention we sort of established that MPM2008 has more guns than all of us, and is most capable of getting them, if not the only capable one, so I was merely stating that openly asking the entirity of the forum in such a nonchalant fashion is quite ridiculous. I could have flamed you out, but I was just being silly, and if you were offended, sorry, but the joke still remains (funny that is).