imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 02-27-2009, 03:49 AM

Dude, if he won't take you up on that, I will. I'm moving to Salem and I'll be eager as hell to get some trigger time in, I'll be fresh out of high school on summer break doing nothing but gun work. And an HK21, hell yeah I'll go dutch on that!
Old 02-27-2009, 05:17 AM
IMFDB Admin

You take it, I don't even have a drivers liscense yet! How would I get their, walk? And I"m unemployed, so flight is out too. But an HK21 sounds nice. Then again, we did just have that huge discussion on how over rated H&K is.

Factory mags are only 3 rounds? I thought it was five. Hmm.

If I ever get my one wish, I'll get some trigger time at Knob Creek in Kentucky, one of the biggest and most famous machine gun shoots in the US. Ever since I saw the episode of Mail Call covering it, it's been my dream.

Remember how I said I was going to shoot today? Well:
Today I remembered I suck with handguns. I know my stance and all, but I don't shoot enough to get the hang of it. I'll need to take a course or go somewhere with lots of ammo. I never hit the spray can once with the Masterpiece (got a nice ring around it though :P), and only hit it once with my Custom M1911 with the compensator. I need a lot of ammo and some free time. I watch the Bianchi pistols competion and wonder "How the hell do they do it?"
Old 02-27-2009, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Factory mags are only 3 rounds? I thought it was five. Hmm.
Well that's how many .300 Winmag rounds fit in a Remington Factory detachable magazine. If I was fireing .308s I could fit five of them in the same space.

as for my friend's HK-21E it tends to be ammo sensitive. as for his G-3A3 and MP-5 I have heard no complaints about them. Trust me the MP-5 is a sweet setup, just look in Armed America and see for yourself.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:32 PM
IMFDB Admin

If you write gun names on the site in the future, try to de-hyphenate it a bit. On the site we don't write MP-5, we write MP5. Same for M-16/M16. Just the site's writing style, so I hope you follow it.

Maybe I missed that you said it was .300 Win Mag. Now it makes sense.
Old 02-28-2009, 01:12 AM

I knew the .30-06 held 4, but not the .308 or the .300. Also, who cares if it's an HK, it's damn rare and people will be impressed that you fired a machinegun like that. Course I'll settle for the MP5, cause 9mm would be cheaper and I could be tacticool as hell with it. Bolt release reloads and stuff.

Also, the hell you mean you suck with handguns? I heard you go on a rant about groups at 30 yards, when I can manage a head sized one at 10. Does this mean I suck? Or do you have some unrealistically high standard for yourself?
Old 02-28-2009, 01:46 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockwolf66 View Post
as for his G-3A3 and MP-5 I have heard no complaints about them. Trust me the MP-5 is a sweet setup, just look in Armed America and see for yourself.
You don't hate the charging handle on the G3?
Old 02-28-2009, 02:46 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

What don't you like about the charging handle of the G3?

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 02-28-2009, 02:58 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
What don't you like about the charging handle of the G3?
Well, basically, you have to reach almost all the way over to the end of the barrel to grab the charging handle, and when you cock it, you have to really pump it hard. It's a lot more awkward to use than the charging handle of, say, the FAL (which is conveniently located on the side of the receiver, within easier reaching distance).

I think I've also mentioned before how I hate the "slimline" forearms that most G3s have, though thankfully H&K abandoned that style.
Old 02-28-2009, 03:59 AM
IMFDB Admin

Well, the gun I used was a .22 LR Smith & Wesson (Model 42 I think) with a big red-dot sight mounted on top (plus I got to put a lot of rounds through it to get used to it, since .22s are much cheaper). Plus it had a barrel weight and in .22, staying on target is pretty easy. With the sight I was really good, but with an open sight .45, I faired much worse. Same with the .38 Masterpiece.

I'm sure you're a great shooter, but I was bragging about good shooting when I shouldn't have (I need to be good with more than one race gun). Thanks for catching that. I'll be sure to be the next Jerry Miculek before I try to brag again.
Old 02-28-2009, 04:32 AM

I ain't great, I'm adequate. I get roughly 6" groups at 10 yards firing about a shot every couple seconds, or as soon as I can get a clear sight picture. I'm confident that I can hit someone in a fight if need be, or in my house, but I'm not good comp wise.