imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-10-2010, 11:43 PM

Default Ridiculous gun stories you've heard.

I'm starting this topic because I heard a real zinger the other day, and I couldn't help but share it.

I've got this coworker who, while we were discussing Call of Duty and eventually guns in general, shared this one with me. Apparently, he's got a brother who either is or was a Navy SEAL. He's 7'2", 350, and because of that size, carries a full-auto Desert Eagle .50AE.

Now, while the other stuff seemed fantastical to me, guess what I zeroed in on first. To be honest, I let him go - didn't even begin to argue, because I work with the guy and I don't need that kind of drama. But the whole time after he mentioned the fully automatic Desert Eagle, I'm just looking at him, thinking, "Do you wanna know how I know you're full of shit?"

The normal 7-round magazine for a .50AE-chambered Desert Eagle is about as big as my (outdated) cell phone. He says that the gun has an 18-round extended magazine. Now, maybe I would have believed him (well, tried at the very least) if he just said that the guy carried a Desert Eagle, and left it at that. But full-auto? I went home that night chuckling at that.

Has anyone tried to pass off blatant, raging bullshit as fact upon you before? And what did you do about it?