imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 07-23-2009, 01:21 AM
IMFDB Admin

Default Wild Dog Packs

I'm watching "MonsterQuest" right now, and they are talking about how wild dogs (whether abandoned domestics, or fully wild) are becoming increasing dangerous in cities around the country. They have been known to attack humans, raid garbage, and kill house pets.

They are known to be feral, and carry many diseases. Most have mange. Experts say they are reverting back to their wolf-like qualities.

I love dogs, but this is insane. When two coyotes wandered around my property in broud daylight and obviously had horrible mange, I put them down so they wouldn't suffer the painful death that typically awaits mange-ridden animals. If these dogs are both mangy and feral, it seems only obvious that control shoud be taken and the animals should be shot.

In New York City, they don't allow guns or hunting, but it seems all too neccessary for pest control. I say people should be hired to handle this problem, people could get very sick or be killed if something isn't done about this.

What do you guys think?
Old 07-23-2009, 03:04 AM

Yeah, but nowadays there are too many laws that classify shooting animals as "animal cruelty".
Old 07-23-2009, 03:08 AM
IMFDB Admin

Even if killing them isn't humane, more people should be hired to capture them and either impound them or domesticate them. Killing may be too harsh (despite how evil the show described them at the start of the episode, they were pretty damn cute and loveable towards the end when people captured some ) so just more efficient capturers would work I suppose.

But enough with the baited traps, grab some tranq. guns.
Old 07-23-2009, 03:15 AM

I'm actually for shooting them with live rounds as there are too many for one to take care of.

Heck, PETA ends up killing 97% of it's "Rescues" but they see no difference between Hunters and Jeffrey Dahmer.
Old 07-23-2009, 04:49 AM
IMFDB Admin

Really? Do you have a source for this info, I'm not calling you out or anything, but that sounds pretty insane. 97%? Sounds more like they kill more animals than old age.

And some of the wild dogs have mauled people to death, so they can die.
Old 07-23-2009, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmaster45 View Post
Really? Do you have a source for this info, I'm not calling you out or anything, but that sounds pretty insane. 97%? Sounds more like they kill more animals than old age.
http://www.petakillsanimals.com/
Old 07-23-2009, 05:45 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Yeah I've read about PETA and how they buy huge fridges where you would normally put meat in it and just put their "rescued" animals into them to freeze to death. They don't even want animals as pets, set them all free into the wild. Do you know how large of a portion of home animals are breed for people and if you let them loose, they wont survive without people handing them food and meds.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 07-23-2009, 09:56 PM
IMFDB Admin

That's horrible. I thought PETA was helping animals, that's ridiculous.

I mean, the SPCA doesn't put animals to sleep anymore in the pound, yet PETA is killing them as efficiently as a fast food restaraunt? WTF, dude?!
Old 07-24-2009, 02:04 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlQlJrgZwOk

I like the part where the NRA spokesman says that PETA calls hunters "murderers" but when PETA kill animals they call it "putting them to sleep forever"
Old 07-24-2009, 02:13 AM
IMFDB Admin

Wow, PETA sucks huh.