imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 06-14-2010, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yournamehere View Post
I don't recall too clearly, but the trigger guards size looks about the same to me, and if there is a difference, it's the smallest margin imaginable.

All the same I'd shop around a bit more before putting that kind of money into a Smith auto.
I'm going to be looking around at gun shows. I might look for something with a little bit more mag capacity, but I probably won't find anything (S&W autos are rare in these parts)

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 06-14-2010, 12:59 AM

14-15 is the 59 series maximum mag capacity with factory mags, but that's always seemed like plenty to me (The Browning is 13, so I'm short a couple, but that;s what skill and reloading is for!).

I actually walked into a pawn shop the other day to look at rifles and as I left I eyed the pistol counter and saw some Glocks, SIGs, a Desert Eagle and a buncha other stuff, but my eyes were drawn to the 459 more than anything else. Great little autos.
Old 06-14-2010, 01:01 AM

Quote:
14-15 is the 59 series maximum mag capacity with factory mags, but that's always seemed like plenty to me (The Browning is 13, so I'm short a couple, but that;s what skill and reloading is for!).

I actually walked into a pawn shop the other day to look at rifles and as I left I eyed the pistol counter and saw some Glocks, SIGs, a Desert Eagle and a buncha other stuff, but my eyes were drawn to the 459 more than anything else. Great little autos.

It can hold 14-15 rounds? I can only find 10 rnd mags for it. I should have popped the mag out and looked at the capacity when I handled it

Old 06-14-2010, 01:04 AM

Yeah 10 rounds is the capacity... if you have a neutered magazine. Very few if any full size autos hold 10 rounds in their standard, non-neutered magazine.

14 is what the 1st, 2nd and early 3rd gen mags could hold, and then the later 3rd gens allowed 15. All my 5906 mags held 15 rounds. With a Smith, you're not undergunned at all when it comes to capacity, they are the equivalent of any other wondernine.
Old 06-14-2010, 01:06 AM

Quote:
With a Smith, you're not undergunned at all when it comes to capacity, they are the equivalent of any other wondernine.
S&W 59 series: Wondernines FOR MEN!!!