imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > imfdb

Old 12-24-2012, 01:35 AM

Default Reported Attack Site

For whatever reason Firefox has started trying to tell me that IMFDB is an attack site.

Has anyone else had this warning, and what can we do about it?

There's only one explanation for everything that's happened to me so far: This universe is trolling me.
Old 12-24-2012, 02:46 AM

Yeah I have the same problem but I just choose the ignore warning option and ran a virus scan which showed no problems for me.
Old 12-24-2012, 03:35 AM

Google is giving a warning about this site. Bunni needs to run a virus sweep of both our site and the adds then get us re registed as being clean.

I'm guessing that we got some bad code in an ad and got the whole site dinged for it.
Old 12-24-2012, 03:45 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Yeah I got the warning too and I clicked ignore. Everyone do a virus scan right now

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 12-24-2012, 05:12 AM

My scan is clean. Notice how they don't tell you where they found the "Virus" on a site if you are an Admin for that site?
Old 12-24-2012, 05:57 AM
IMFDB Chief of Operations

We are aware of the issue and are working to find a solution ASAP. Sorry guys!!
Old 12-24-2012, 07:29 AM
Site Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockwolf66 View Post
Google is giving a warning about this site. Bunni needs to run a virus sweep of both our site and the adds then get us re registed as being clean.

I'm guessing that we got some bad code in an ad and got the whole site dinged for it.
This is also my best guess at the moment as everything seems clean after check all the usual suspects. Google is reporting malicious code from outside domains, which would suggest an ad, if the software or server was compromised the malware would be store locally... Funnyjunk.com was also hit with similar malware warnings from similar domains (that's the only thing turning up in google searches for the domains attributed to the malware by google) so I'm thinking they were hit with the same malicious ad.

I've disabled ads for now and requested google review the site and remove the block.

So here is a warning on another site with the same domain, rltk.us, but here it also implicates openx.net as being the source - which ads more evidence to the 'bad ad' hypothesis.

Quote:
What is the current listing status for www.satelliteguys.us?
Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

What happened when Google visited this site?
Of the 96 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 8 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2012-12-23, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2012-12-23.
Malicious software includes 2 exploit(s).

Malicious software is hosted on 3 domain(s), including bono.is-found.org/, erikss.dyndns-at-home.com/, rltk.us/.

2 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including openx.net/, rltk.us/.

This site was hosted on 2 network(s) including AS32244 (LIQUID), AS15169 (Google Internet Backbone).
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008
He doesn't. He just floats around and lets the members of the Imperium decide on the fate of condemned pages. He gave the membership the power and thus trusts us to use it wisely.......

Last edited by bunni; 12-24-2012 at 08:12 AM.
Old 12-24-2012, 09:03 AM
Site Manager

Ok, I've removed all ads and cleared all cached page on the site so that hopefully in a few hours once the google bot comes back through we get a clean bill of health.
Quote:
He doesn't. He just floats around and lets the members of the Imperium decide on the fate of condemned pages. He gave the membership the power and thus trusts us to use it wisely.......
Old 12-24-2012, 01:51 PM
Site Manager

Quote:
Status of the latest badware review for this site: A review for this site has finished. The site was found clean. The badware warnings from web search are being removed. Please note that it can take some time for this change to propagate.
Yay, looks like we're clean again (:
Quote:
Old 12-24-2012, 01:53 PM

Confirmed.

There's only one explanation for everything that's happened to me so far: This universe is trolling me.