imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 08-30-2014, 05:37 PM

Default Realistic airsoft guns to be banned in California

So it seems California's crusade against the scary black rifle has reached its latest extreme.

Reuters: Toy weapons won't look like real ones under California bill

Quote:
The California State Senate gave final legislative approval on Thursday to a bill that would require certain replica guns to be painted bright colors or made transparent to prevent police from confusing toy guns for real weapons.

The bill, which passed the Democratic-led chamber by 22-12, was introduced by Democratic state Senator Kevin De Leon after Sonoma County Sheriff's deputies fatally shot 13-year-old Andy Lopez Cruz in October after mistaking an imitation pellet rifle for the real thing.

The bill now requires the signature of Democratic Governor Jerry Brown.

There's only one explanation for everything that's happened to me so far: This universe is trolling me.
Old 08-31-2014, 04:47 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Are they going to ban sticks shaped like guns too?

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 08-31-2014, 04:43 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wierd It View Post
So it seems California's crusade against the scary black rifle has reached its latest extreme.

Reuters: Toy weapons won't look like real ones under California bill
The title of this topic is misleading. As the article points out, airsoft guns are not banned in CA until the Governor signs the bill.

But it definitely sucks to hear that this has passed both the Senate and the State Assembly. And the fact that CA has a Democrat as Governor is never an encouraging sign. There have already been too many idiotic gun laws proposed/passed in CA in the past few years since the Sandy Hook shooting (like that stupid ammunition purchase permit law).
Old 09-02-2014, 10:57 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Though on the plus side, California actually took out the law that mandates 10 day waiting period because...they actually admit it doesn't work.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 09-03-2014, 10:13 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
Though on the plus side, California actually took out the law that mandates 10 day waiting period because...they actually admit it doesn't work.
But they want you to have a C.O.E. (Certificate of Eligibility) in order to take advantage of the removal of the waiting period. Previously, COEs were mostly used by people working in firearms related jobs (armorers, clerks, Sales persons at gun stores, etc). But the rub is that the COE give the cops the authority to do NO WARNING surprise inspection of your address on the COE. If you're a private citizen, and not a gun store, your address is .... your home!

The concern is that this one certificate by law gives the cops authority to do surprise inspections of your private residence, which I think is a total violation of your 4th amendment rights.

Never count on California to do the smart thing.
Old 09-28-2014, 01:03 PM
Formerly "Checkman"
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 View Post
But they want you to have a C.O.E. (Certificate of Eligibility) in order to take advantage of the removal of the waiting period. Previously, COEs were mostly used by people working in firearms related jobs (armorers, clerks, Sales persons at gun stores, etc). But the rub is that the COE give the cops the authority to do NO WARNING surprise inspection of your address on the COE. If you're a private citizen, and not a gun store, your address is .... your home!

The concern is that this one certificate by law gives the cops authority to do surprise inspections of your private residence, which I think is a total violation of your 4th amendment rights.

Never count on California to do the smart thing.
Well for what it's worth the vast majority of officers (that I know) up here in Idaho agree that we would not want to be cops down in California. For so many different reasons.
Old 09-29-2014, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcordell View Post
Well for what it's worth the vast majority of officers (that I know) up here in Idaho agree that we would not want to be cops down in California. For so many different reasons.
The Prison Riot in "Natural Born Killers" comes to mind. Some parts of Cali are a real mess.