imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > imfdb

Old 10-13-2009, 09:16 PM
IMFDB Admin

Default The Forum login is screwed up too......

When I try to log in, usually I don't get through the first several times. Now I manually type in very carefully my correct login info, but sometimes I get that "Error, your username or Password is incorrect".

The kicker is that I try ONCE and the system boots me out for maxing out my attempted logins (a total of five (5)) even though I've only tried once. WTF?

Is there a problem with Forum logins or is it just me?
Old 10-13-2009, 10:46 PM

I've been having that issue as well.
My guess is that someone is trying to hack into our accounts, that being the reason why our failed login que has been used up.
Old 10-13-2009, 11:28 PM

if it is hackers they have to be either A: incredibly stupid to think that they can just guess one of our passwords. B: Weefle hackers who don't know how to work a computer or C: just plain anoying.

I've gotten that once and hopefully I hit them in the middle of trying to hack me.
Old 10-14-2009, 12:21 AM

It's happened to me before.
On Steam some guy from central america hijacked my account;kind of my fault of having the simple password of "shrimptempura".

Apparently that word is in the dictionary and he got into it using some kind of Brute Force program that enters every word in the dictionary until it gains access.
Old 10-14-2009, 12:25 AM

Which is why i never use passwords that are found in dictionaries.

Frankly if there is a hacker attempting to find and hack admin accounts we can find them and block the IP somehow.
Old 10-14-2009, 03:06 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdAstra2009 View Post
I've been having that issue as well.
My guess is that someone is trying to hack into our accounts, that being the reason why our failed login que has been used up.
It's happened to me too, just tonight. Good thing I don't have a PW that anyone can figure out quite so easily.
Old 10-27-2009, 05:09 AM

Just had an attack tonight. It really bugs me when i have to wait to use my own account.
Old 10-27-2009, 02:17 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

I had this same problem a few times when I tried to do spam bot deletes. Usually I have this site automatically log me in so I don't have to do it, but when I delete spam, I have to retype my password over again to confirm myself but when i did that, i got the same message. When i click on the button for the email of my password to confirm if my password had changed, i never got any emails of my password.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 11-02-2009, 07:34 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
I had this same problem a few times when I tried to do spam bot deletes. Usually I have this site automatically log me in so I don't have to do it, but when I delete spam, I have to retype my password over again to confirm myself but when i did that, i got the same message. When i click on the button for the email of my password to confirm if my password had changed, i never got any emails of my password.
I couldn't log in ALL MORNING into the forums. And I'm a forum MOD now Every time I tried ONCE, I got that "You've used up all your attempts, try again in 15 minutes..." message. Every 20 minutes I would try and it dumped me out again. Are spambots really trying that hard to hijack our accounts?
Old 11-02-2009, 07:40 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Well my browser auto logs me onto this site. My password's still the same cause after a while when I tried to input my password so I can delete spams, it works. But before my password didn't work and it usually happen when we get lots of spam almost randomly. Hasn't happened to me recently though.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”