imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 04-29-2009, 03:45 AM
IMFDB Admin

Default Letter by an Anti-Gunner - Dontcha just love em?

This letter was in response to a column by Bob Barr, in that he mentions the good ramifications of the Nordyke vs King ruling by the 9th Circuit Court, clarifying that the 2nd Amendment MUST be honored by not only the Feds but the STATES as well.

Quote:
LETTER:

Of course, Mr. Barr completely ignores the gundamentalist zealots, whose agenda would include arming your kindergardeners, shotguns in churches, and handguns in the delivery room, since they believe that guns and the Second Amendment is the panacea of all our societal issues and ills.

The NRA used to be an organization of hunters and sportsmen. Since LaPierre and Heston, it has been infiltrated (and taken over) by an angry, scared mob of paranoids and Chicken Littles, armageddonists, Luddites, gummint-haters, Waco whackos, wite soopremasissies, xenophobes, homophobes, and, of course, neo-Confederates.

The NRA is right though - guns don’t kill people, people do. And, now, in the US, many of the people that own guns are misanthropic crazies, who have been stoked and wound up by forty years of unrelenting whining, hating, and paranoid ranting from the GOP.

The uncomfortable truths about guns are these: 1) your weapon is infinitely more likely to kill or maim you or your family than a criminal and 2) he or she that pulls the weapon first has a distinct, almost insurmountable advantage and 3) you are far more likely to die at the hands of a deranged, legal gunnut gunowner than at the hands of a “terrist”.

(I understand that gun and ammunition sales have sky-rocketed since Obama’s election, that ammo is hard to get - can someone give me a (non-paranoid) explanation of the reason for the spike in sales, other than Mr. Obama’s complexion or “funny-sounding” name?)

Name removed to protect the stupid
Ah yes, I just LOVE reading those letters by those hysterical gun hating bitches.....

Ain't it nice that we're all misanthropic crazies bent on killing innocent people?

Also she mispells the word "terrorist'"...

Last edited by MoviePropMaster2008; 04-29-2009 at 03:51 AM.
Old 04-29-2009, 05:13 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 View Post

Also she mispells the word "terrorist'"...
Among a lot of other things...

This sounds like it's written by some middle school pre-teen who's just gotten aware of politics and read a bunch of news articles, then deciding that they should accept everything they see at face value. She probably gets her news from the Daily Show and spends her fucking time bitching at Moveon.org.

It's cute though that she thinks she's grown up *pats on head*. She's just going through the normal emergence stages of political awareness that I went through. She's completely wrong and full of shit, ofcourse, but it's a sign that she's at least beginning on the path, and hopefull she'll get it right eventually in a few years.

It's like when a 4-year-old overgeneralizes their speech by saying things like "I seed a dogie" instead of "I saw a dogie", or "mans" instead of men. Although they are wrong, it's actually a sign of progress that they are actually figuring out rules, as opposed to just memorizing words, and they'll figure it out eventually......probably.

In the meantime, we'll just have to endure her regular trips to cliche'slinger.com.

I am ShaolinFunk, and I approve this message.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 04-29-2009, 06:31 PM

Quote:
2) he or she that pulls the weapon first has a distinct, almost insurmountable advantage and
Well, I would hope havig a gun gives me an advantage against criminals
Old 04-29-2009, 09:19 PM
IMFDB Admin

In my opinion there is only one way to fix the type of stupid she has and guns help out a LOT with that.

And "gunnuts" are not more likely to kill their family with a gun than a criminal, a criminal is more likely to kill a family without a gun. If you have a gun you are more likely to prevent this when you kill the criminal. If you carry or own a weapon, you should know how to use it, plain and simple.
Old 04-29-2009, 09:56 PM

They say you are 86:1 more likely to use gun on family than criminal.

Now, whats wrong with this stat:

A: They only count criminals who dies. There are may times a criminal is wounded, held until police arrive, or runs at the sight of a gun, only a small majority are actuyally killed.

B: They count all family members hurt by guns owned by family, even if tehy don't die or inflict injury upon themselves.

C. They don't notice family may be the criminal, such as in Domestic Violence situations where 1 party needs to defend themselves.

You take all this into consideration and the liberals biggest argument is over.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:57 PM
IMFDB Admin

That's exactly why they don't bring it up. Every argument they have to say has some form of defense which proves it wrong.
Old 04-30-2009, 06:59 AM

Two things, I guess.
First: I wouldn't say that the author is stupid, I think ignorant is a better term. And not ignorant in the bad way, but really truly in the dark about this.

Second: Did you add the quotes around the word terrist? Because it seems to me that the author may be poking fun at the deep-south pronunciation of terrorist(rather slurred and hurried) instead of spelling atrociously.

The best angle to attack this letter by is likely the misrepresentation of facts. I believe that once one person used those figures and examples at one point, everyone else since has just been copying and pasting without bothering to check stats or conduct their own information gathering.

EDIT: One other thing - I have decided that I really like the term "gundamentalists" it makes 'em sound like giant heroic robots! FREEOW!
Old 05-01-2009, 12:46 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacallyChallenged View Post
EDIT: One other thing - I have decided that I really like the term "gundamentalists" it makes 'em sound like giant heroic robots! FREEOW!
YES! I am a GUNDAM-entalist!
Old 05-01-2009, 01:44 AM

That's what I'm talking about!
Old 05-01-2009, 04:16 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 View Post
YES! I am a GUNDAM-entalist!
Same here. Gundam is awesome.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”