imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 01-17-2010, 07:50 PM

My only problem with finishing it is that I need decent pictures and none of my friends are willing to draw for me a uniform set of images. I've scoured the internet for good ones but the only set I can find that I like are MPMs, which are off limits. Again, please cite me and show me where it ends up too, I can't strees that enough. My AIM address is ynh1911a1 too if you have any other questions.
Old 01-17-2010, 08:07 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

I've gotta say, I don't really like the gun suggestions from Brook's Zombie survival guide. I read that guide and he really doesn't like the M16 and saids it jams a lot. Obviously the writer knows nothing about firearms in general. I'd take these recommendations with a grain of sand.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 01-17-2010, 08:09 PM

My thoughts exactly. I can't argue much with tactics as I am not a master tactical planner, but I know a thing or two about firearms, which is a thing or two more than his book illustrates.
Old 01-18-2010, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
I've gotta say, I don't really like the gun suggestions from Brook's Zombie survival guide. I read that guide and he really doesn't like the M16 and saids it jams a lot. Obviously the writer knows nothing about firearms in general.
No, he did absolutely zero research, such as shown by him ranking the M1 carbine (which you'd be hard-pressed to find ammo for) so high.

An AR-15 rifle or carbine would be an ideal weapon due to it being accurate with light recoil, lots of readily-available aftermarket parts to enhance performance and accuracy, and readily-available ammunition. Jamming likely wouldn't be much of a problem unless you're laying out full suppression fire, which anyone hoping to survive Z-Day wouldn't do if he/she had any common sense.

This would be my ideal configuration.

Long range and CQB in one handy machine.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 01-18-2010, 12:56 AM

the zombie survival guide is a total joke. m1 carbine and machete? Come on. And theres too many ideas on type of zombie. Classic zombies that are slow dead and need headshots. Then theres 28 days/weeks that actually make sense since tehre an infected human and all you need to do is shoot them.

Last edited by k9870; 01-18-2010 at 01:17 AM.
Old 01-18-2010, 03:07 AM

Well the most common would be a M9 since it's our main forces primary weapon. Should there be a Zombie day I'm pretty sure the army would respond. The M9 would be a good choice because it's reliable, easy to maintain, lowish recoil ammo, and the mags are everywhere.

Personally I would choose a SIG Sauer p229 sport. While I've never used one, I do know people that have and they say it's great for follow up shots, Something I would imagine to be very useful when attacked by the hordes. The gun has a heavier barrel, is compensated, shoots 9mm, has a large mag well to easier slide in magazines quickly and has larger controls than normal.
Old 01-18-2010, 04:06 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post

An AR-15 rifle or carbine would be an ideal weapon due to it being accurate with light recoil, lots of readily-available aftermarket parts to enhance performance and accuracy, and readily-available ammunition. Jamming likely wouldn't be much of a problem unless you're laying out full suppression fire, which anyone hoping to survive Z-Day wouldn't do if he/she had any common sense.

This would be my ideal configuration.

Long range and CQB in one handy machine.
That looks like a very Hollywood configuration. I would want just an Aimpoint. If I can get a suppressor, the better

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle

Old 01-18-2010, 05:08 AM

I would triple wield Desert Eagles. Preferably plated in diamond.
The third goes in your mouth, you see, and you pull the trigger with your tongue. With practice, you could maybe get two more hanging from your ears, and fire them by waggling your ears back and forth.

SO: Quintuple wielding Desert Eagle .50AE in diamond.
Old 01-18-2010, 05:42 AM
IMFDB Admin

Only in your mind, but even that, it'll be a pain to reload. And we're shooting zombies here. They can't get scared and it isn't like you can aim with your mouth, the slide will smack you in the face. The recoil would blow your ears off. Now post a real suggestion

Old 01-18-2010, 05:58 AM

As far as Semiautomatic Handguns go I would have to go with a SIG-Sauer P226. It's a common highly reliable handgun that when set up with something like an M6 laser/flashlight and a sound supressor makes for an effective and quiet backup weapon.

As far as revolvers go while not as common as a .357 I have a preferance for the .44 magnum as it's flat shooting enough that an experianced user can shoot out to 300+ yards.