imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 08-07-2009, 01:58 PM

Yay.

i still feel that another civil war is going to spring up in the future. The Tamils are probably still being opressed and they won't take that for long.
Old 08-08-2009, 11:42 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Oliveira View Post
Yay.

i still feel that another civil war is going to spring up in the future. The Tamils are probably still being opressed and they won't take that for long.
I dunno, things have changed a bit since the 1970s and 80s, but the war has certainly exacerbated ethnic tensions quite a bit. I do think that the Sri Lankan government will at least make some overtures to the Tamil population. Whether or not it's enough is another matter.

It's hard for me to imagine there will be another Civil War anytime soon. The LTTE themselves pretty much ensured that by wiping out all of the rival Tamil militias on the island. Of course, their fund-raising and arms smuggling networks still exist, but have been damaged heavily.
Old 08-08-2009, 11:48 PM

Another Question.

What was the uniform, camouflage and helmet those guys here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sri_Lanka_Light_Infantry used in the Vadamarachchi Operation? I know that there was no standard in the SLA but did units have their own standard?
Old 08-10-2009, 12:47 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Oliveira View Post
Another Question.

What was the uniform, camouflage and helmet those guys here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sri_Lanka_Light_Infantry used in the Vadamarachchi Operation? I know that there was no standard in the SLA but did units have their own standard?
Beats me. I really don't know their gear/equipment all that well. I can only go by what I see in pictures and what's on Wikipedia. I'm sure somebody who's been in the SLA could tell you better than I could.
Old 09-20-2009, 06:59 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Markost Send a message via Yahoo to Markost Send a message via Skype™ to Markost

Hi guys, this is my first post. Donīt forget that Sri Lanka also used COIN aircrafts against the tigers. One of them was the IA-58 Pucara, sold by Argentina in 1993 (4 of them). It was used until 1998, when they were retired of service, two of them were lost in combat.