imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > imfdb

Old 03-04-2009, 11:59 PM

Default Photos and Links

as I am going through the site looking for any Obviously missnamed stuff(Like the name DAO-12 outside of Battlefield 2) I've noticed that there are alot of Articles without photos or links to the weapons involved. heck there are some pages that are just a list of names. I was thinking that if I could get a few people to help we as a site could work on changing this. I know that on the pages that I have either made or heavily edited I need to work on adding pictures.

PS: Thanks to Hoever added the H&K CAWS picture to that page. I noticed that it's a second generation model.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:59 AM
IMFDB Admin

It's because we have anonymous users making shitty pages every five seconds. Only when us Admins. and serious users make pages do they come out proper.
Old 03-05-2009, 05:57 PM

I realize that. I do try at minimum to include as many links on a page as I can find. I do know that I should start looking for Images to put onto the pages I have created. It's just that there are way too many pages that are totally blank or just a list of guns.
Old 03-05-2009, 08:15 PM
IMFDB Admin

Before uploading a new gun picture, be sure MoviePropMaster2008 has not uploaded an image of the gun already. He's trying so hard to eliminate the need for google images but uploading more would likely hurt his cause.
Old 03-05-2009, 10:36 PM

I don't think that the Mercwerkx(sp?) Gladiator is a firearm, yet it is one of the things i have encountered while reading every single page of the IMFDB. It has it's own page no less. There's also things like Tony Rumor's Simese Tromix M-16. which I know he built for fun and it has not been in a movie ever.

Still when i get home I'm going to hunt up the photo's for the pages I have made and start updateing the links.
Old 03-06-2009, 12:18 AM
IMFDB Admin

Seriously? People are making pages THAT stupid. I'll go delete them ASAP.
Old 03-06-2009, 04:01 AM

Well having looked over every single page of the IMFDB and as a Psychology Major I can say that people are that stupid in not so large groups.

As it is while I can't get any good In game pictures from the Jagged Alliance video game series. I am trying to at least put up photo's of the RL weapons. My issue is that I can't get the Images to end up anyplace but the right of the wording and it's throwing off the page so to speak. I would love to figure out how to put them below the weapon descriptions.
Old 03-06-2009, 04:37 AM
IMFDB Admin

The images move over to the right and screw you up?

That happened to me at the start too. It's because gun pages have a different set up so they stay to the right.

The reason is that the image is written:
"[[Image:Picture.jpg|thumb|right|300px|Caption.]]"

To fix this, change the "Right" with a "None", this will put the picture in the nuetral left and stops the images from screwing up.
Old 03-06-2009, 06:21 AM

thanks again
Old 03-28-2009, 04:46 AM

I know I'm bringing up an old subject but does anyone else want to Help me with starting with A and at least putting links and photos on as many pages as we can. I'm starting to get sick of having a whole lot of bad pages that are just lists of weapons. I don't mean screencaps but at least placeholder images from and links to the Weapon pages.

anyone willing to pitch in and do some Spring housecleaning?