imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 06-27-2012, 02:28 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Today I saw Brave and Abe Lincoln Vampire hunter.

The Pixar movie was good. A pretty simple plot about a teen princess who wants her way getting along with her uptight mom and throw in some magical bears in the story

Abe Lincoln is actually pretty good. It is a basic plot about a young protege who wants revenge on someone for killing his family and the guy turns out to be a vampire, he then gets trained by a master "hunter" who turns out to be a vampire himself and we get allegories to slavery throughout human history how that inspired Abe to change US policies involving slavery even though the Civil War wasn't entirely about slavery but in the movie, the war ended up being a proxy war between Abe and the Vampire Nation in America.

The big message in the movie is obviously equality of all men even though from a historical standpoint it didn't change racism at all and Abe still ended up getting killed at the theater even though if you think about it, super Abe shoulda seen Booth coming at him if he was such a bad ass. Oh and he has a black partner throughout the movie for that whole equality message.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 06-28-2012, 01:28 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Argh...

I thought I read that they were going with Kevin McKidd on this. He would've been great. Real Scotsman, handy with a sword. If not Kevin McKidd, why not Gerard Butler, another real Scotsman, handy with a sword. Or even James MacAvoy, real Scotsman, slightly less handy with a sword. But to go with a Canadian who's also box office poison? WTF?
Old 06-28-2012, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
Argh...

I thought I read that they were going with Kevin McKidd on this. He would've been great. Real Scotsman, handy with a sword. If not Kevin McKidd, why not Gerard Butler, another real Scotsman, handy with a sword. Or even James MacAvoy, real Scotsman, slightly less handy with a sword. But to go with a Canadian who's also box office poison? WTF?

Get Mads Mikkelsen, Live Schreiber, or somebody that can rival Clancy Brown as the Kurgan, and it'll probably be bearable.

You're every bit the detective that your followers on internet believe - Brainiac, Superman The Animated Series
Old 06-28-2012, 04:11 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordfish941 View Post

Get Mads Mikkelsen, Live Schreiber, or somebody that can rival Clancy Brown as the Kurgan, and it'll probably be bearable.
Five years ago, I would've gone with Gerard Butler as Connor MacLeod, Christopher Lambert as Ramirez, and Russell Crowe as the Kurgan. Now, everyone's a little too old.

Clancy Brown is the voice of Mr. Krabs on Spongebob. That blows my mind.
Old 06-28-2012, 04:25 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

h Gerard Butler could be Ramirez

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle

Old 06-28-2012, 05:13 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
h Gerard Butler could be Ramirez
That would at least continue the Highlander tradition of having the audience wonder why the Spanish-Egyptian guy has a Scottish accent but not the Scottish guy.
Old 06-29-2012, 03:07 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
That would at least continue the Highlander tradition of having the audience wonder why the Spanish-Egyptian guy has a Scottish accent but not the Scottish guy.
To be fair, the character has been around the planet since the time of the Egyptians and he's most likely picked up so much culture and language that he can sound like whatever he wants

Old 06-30-2012, 04:11 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Argh...(part 2)
Old 06-30-2012, 03:18 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Well at least the CGI movie looks very violent

Old 07-04-2012, 08:30 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

I don't what they could do with a sequel, but it'd be interesting.

http://www.uproxx.com/gammasquad/201...rict-9-sequel/