imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 01-18-2018, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
They have ten seasons worth.
The show only ran for seven. Four on Fox and three on Comedy Central.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 01-18-2018, 05:20 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
The show only ran for seven. Four on Fox and three on Comedy Central.
Well, it also says 140 episodes, so that's all of them.

In all fairness, the last two seasons took four years to run.
Old 01-19-2018, 09:45 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Hey everybody, remember the love interest in a terrible and forgettable sequel to a so-so action movie from fifteen years ago? Spinoff!

http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/bad-...ot-1202668155/

(Mind you, I like Gabrielle Union. She was easily the best part of the dried up turd that was Bad Boys II. But still...)
Old 01-21-2018, 10:27 PM

Little sidenote from me.. recently got employed back full time on a decent job so getting some spare cash. Got a car to fix up and want to get a new PC but along with all that plan to of course buy a couple pieces finally. Now to the topic itself..

Quote:
Screw SVU (or, as my MiL calls it, "Rapetown"), somebody, ANYBODY, needs to start streaming the original L&O. Netflix had season 1-8 for a bit, but it went away.
Fucking seconded. That said, really need to make a note to break down and hit Sopranos since I got HBO. Been a while since I seen any of it and man could that page use the kind of overhaul job I did for X-Files.

That said, agree about Netflix really pushing their own stuff at the expense of reducing the catalogue on the rest. Might be a good time to give Hulu another try and/or get an Amazon Prime account.

Also, some talk about a new RoboCop film in the works by original writer Ed Neumeier. Which is cool, at least to Robo heads like me.

http://www.zgemag.com/biff-2018-interview-ed-neumeier/
Old 01-22-2018, 12:29 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanTheMan View Post

Also, some talk about a new RoboCop film in the works by original writer Ed Neumeier. Which is cool, at least to Robo heads like me.

http://www.zgemag.com/biff-2018-interview-ed-neumeier/
Are we talking about a continuation of the original series or yet another reboot?

Edit: NM, read the article. As I stated earlier, ignoring sequels is a sign of desperation. And I can't imagine Peter Weller coming back.

Last edited by funkychinaman; 01-22-2018 at 01:32 AM.
Old 01-25-2018, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Edit: NM, read the article. As I stated earlier, ignoring sequels is a sign of desperation. And I can't imagine Peter Weller coming back.
That's why I'm looking forward to The Predator because they're at least acknowledging that Predator 2 happened (with Jake Busey playing the son of Peter Keyes).

And I've started to watch Better Call Saul. Great series so far, and I'm glad we're getting some focus on Mike, one of the most badass characters in television history.

You're every bit the detective that your followers on internet believe - Brainiac, Superman The Animated Series
Old 01-27-2018, 02:16 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

I just started a page on Waco

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 01-27-2018, 03:21 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
I just started a page on Waco
Between OJ, Tonya Harding, JonBenet Ramsey, the Menendez Bros, the Versace Murder, and now this, everyone is digging deep on nineties nostalgia. I'm guessing someone is bound to cover Timothy McVeigh and Eric Rudolph soon.
Old 01-27-2018, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Are we talking about a continuation of the original series or yet another reboot?

I would agree, except in this case might be a good move, given the original crew had some frankly much better ideas on how to continue the character than what we got. I get the point about not ignoring the existing continuity, except the existing continuity is primarily a big too-many-cooks-in-the-kitchen mess.

That said, this is something along the lines of the reboot many of us wanted and should have got, rather the the big black rubber dildo distraction four years back. There's so much to do with the original character and I and many have long championed a 'hibernation-resurrection into a future world' setting.

Now prevailing opinion was that it'd be a animated job ala the new Starship Troopers, but it seems it will be a live action project. Which in a way is good, shows there's at least hat much faith in it. Anyway, I agree, much as I love Dr. Weller, all but guaranteed he ain't gonna don the suit again. I will say that with the original writers, it's a good start, adding Verhoeven is possible, but even then there's other directors that would do some good with it. Some details sound crazy but, eh.. Bottom line is keep it what it is, RoboCop - Hard, gritty. Mainly steel and concrete. And with a nice load of some sharp satire.

Quote:
Between OJ, Tonya Harding, JonBenet Ramsey, the Menendez Bros, the Versace Murder, and now this, everyone is digging deep on nineties nostalgia. I'm guessing someone is bound to cover Timothy McVeigh and Eric Rudolph soon.
Lol, yeah, they're pumping that well pretty full-tilt nowadays. Of course when everyone in entertainment has literally run out of ideas (even shitty ones) for this long, was bound to happen. I'm sure they're just happy they were able to trough through all the 80s stuff long enough to where they can say 'oh, now the 90s stuff is ~25 years out, that's old enough!' Bah.
Old 01-28-2018, 05:57 AM

Anyone else stating to dislike SEAL Team? The first few episodes were good, but the budget clearly went into them, resulting in a succession of bottle episodes and traipsing around whatever "ruined city" set was available.

Not to mention constantly teasing gunfights that either don't happen at all or are just out of sight.