imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 09-29-2016, 03:45 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

I was really disappointed at the season 2 finale of Narcos...

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 10-03-2016, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
Anyone want to do Siege of Jadotville when it comes out on Netflix next month?
Yeah, going to be rooting for the Katanganese and their mercs. I read Mad Mike Hoare's book about all that fighting in the Congo, and the UN was useless, and the communist insurgents were inhuman monsters

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 10-07-2016, 02:42 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

So...waiting for the actual trailer for John Wick 2...Gonna be awesome

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle

Old 10-12-2016, 02:26 PM
IMFDB Admin

So I just saw Jadotville. Not a bad movie

Old 10-18-2016, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&Wshooter View Post
I got Day of Infamy, and man is it hard. Seems like only full sized rifles do anything, too, since quite a few times I've popped people in the face with 12 gauge, 9mm, and 8mm Kurz to no effect, blood spray and all
REFUND, that game sucks dick. Reckon I'll put the credit towards something when a sale rolls around

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 11-07-2016, 11:59 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

YESSSSSSSSS<takes breath>SSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

https://deadline.com/2016/11/young-j...-3-1201850391/
Old 11-14-2016, 01:39 AM

The first trailer for the Ghost in the Shell movie has dropped. It honestly looks better than I was expecting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4VmJcZR0Yg

Also, am I the only one who thinks that the complaints about the Major getting whitewashed is fucking stupid? Especially when you consider the fact that the Major has no ethnic identity.

You're every bit the detective that your followers on internet believe - Brainiac, Superman The Animated Series
Old 11-14-2016, 03:27 PM
IMFDB Admin

I am cautiously optimistic about this movie. I am judging it on adaptation and as a movie by itself. As a fan, I have to compare it to the source material and how well it adapts it. So far, I've seen at least 3 different version of this story. The first movie, Stand Alone Complex and Arise. Each one has a slightly different kind of character for the Major with the recent one being the most human.

Since it looks like they are adapting parts of the first movie with elements of SAC's story I think. I heard the behind the scenes, they are using plot elements from 2nd GiG story arc with Kuze.

My first nitpick already with the first trailer is that they had The Major go Hollywood and have her chamber her pistol before jumping...I need to rewatch the scene again in the anime movie to see what she does but I remember in the first episode of SAC, she took her handgun out and flicked the safety off.

Old 11-14-2016, 06:21 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordfish941 View Post
Also, am I the only one who thinks that the complaints about the Major getting whitewashed is fucking stupid? Especially when you consider the fact that the Major has no ethnic identity.
Well, her brain is Japanese, but that is it. They are sticking to that part I assume, as her mother is played by Kaori Momoi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
My first nitpick already with the first trailer is that they had The Major go Hollywood and have her chamber her pistol before jumping...I need to rewatch the scene again in the anime movie to see what she does but I remember in the first episode of SAC, she took her handgun out and flicked the safety off.
In the original she either chambers a round or is doing a brass check, not really sure. looks more like a brass check as the round inside doesn't move around, but the slide moves back much farther than necessary. When checking I originally put in my 2.0 disk by mistake, forgot how shitty that redone CGI opening scene was.

Its nice to see a lot of real guns as well, especially Batou's shotgun being the first live action appearance of a Crye Six12.
Old 11-14-2016, 07:41 PM
IMFDB Admin

Yeah, I checked. She was brass checking her gun, which I think would have been a better dramatic effect thing to do, but I am not sure if the gun she's using in the movie trailer was a real gun.

Does anybody want to start screen capping?

Last edited by Excalibur; 11-14-2016 at 08:51 PM.