imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-13-2009, 04:47 AM

Default Deserted Island Scenario

I have a little scenario for you guys: you're stuck on a island somewhere in the Pacific Ocean. Luckily for you, the ship of the shipwreck is near the coast, but it has taken heavy damage and cannot be sailed.

You have to tell what kind of shelter you're going to live in, what supplies you would rumage from the ship, what animals and plants are on the island, and a way to get a source of fresh water. You are allowed to have three firearms with you, but they are limited to pistols, rifles, and shotguns.

My shelter would be a hut made out of palm trees. it would be 8 feet tall and 6 feet long on each side. The roof would be a thacted roof made out of palm leaves that have been thicken with wet sand. My bed would be a small pile of palm leaves.

For my food supplies (gotten from the ship) would be two sacks of potatoes, five pounds of dried mutton, a keg of rum, seven loaves of bread, a ten pound bag of rice, and a wedge of cheese. My tools would be a hatchet, a hacksaw, and a jack knife. Other things include three large boxes of matches, a three large pots, a skillet, a tin cup, a compass, a small first aid kit, and a digital watch.This all would be on one side of the hut.

The most common animal on the island would be goats. They're a nice source of meat and they're are many uses for thier hides. There would also be small fowls that are hard to catch, but have a sweet tasting meat. Plant life would include bannanas, dates, and figs.

My source of water would be rain water. Every time it rained, I would leave the three pots out to fill up with rain water. I would then store it in the empty keg.

Now what would you're suvival plan be like?