imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > imfdb

Old 07-08-2015, 10:20 PM
Site Manager

Default Need your help testing a new MediaWiki version

Hey guys, I have a test server set up with a newer version of mediawiki and am hoping to get some more eyes on it. Let me know of any issues you encounter. You may also fine some image files missing on the latest updates - this is because the images backup and the database backup that I used are out of sync.

http://dev.imfdb.org

Here's my to do list:
  • Enable DynamicArticleList
  • Enable editor toolbar Done. 07-13-15
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008
He doesn't. He just floats around and lets the members of the Imperium decide on the fate of condemned pages. He gave the membership the power and thus trusts us to use it wisely.......

Last edited by bunni; 07-14-2015 at 04:07 AM. Reason: Updating to do list.
Old 07-09-2015, 09:38 PM

The following problem detected: links to movie and actor pages that contain in title such symbols as à, è, ü and similar or «» quotemarks turn into red links. Examples: A Man Named Rocca (Un nommé La Rocca), Gewehrgranatengerät‎, Tomás Milián.
Old 07-09-2015, 10:03 PM
Site Manager

Thanks, I'm guessing that's a php localisation issue, I'll look into it. I solved the thumbnailing problem, load speeds are good now. I've also added a second server as a cache and load balancer in front of the web server so I'm sure that will introduce its own set of issues. I'm working on getting the wiki to see the correct IP for each user instead of the load balancer IP.

Fixed.
Quote:
He doesn't. He just floats around and lets the members of the Imperium decide on the fate of condemned pages. He gave the membership the power and thus trusts us to use it wisely.......

Last edited by bunni; 07-09-2015 at 10:24 PM. Reason: Fixed: IPs are being forwarded now.
Old 07-10-2015, 07:46 PM
Site Manager

urls are fixed and ips are being correctly passed, going to work on the account request and dynamic article list extension now.

Also, I enabled a mobile frontend so if you visit on your phone you should see a mobile version, it's set up exactly like wikipedia's mobile skin, I think it's a big improvement.
Quote: