imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > imfdb

Old 09-03-2014, 07:30 AM
IMFDB Admin

Default Is Zackmann08 Still here?

Just curious. Haven't seen any dated stamped activity in the last 8-9 months on either the forum OR the website.
Old 09-03-2014, 11:17 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 View Post
Just curious. Haven't seen any dated stamped activity in the last 8-9 months on either the forum OR the website.
I know he's out of school and working now. Evil Tim has been MIA for a few months now. No edits since January.
Old 09-15-2014, 08:33 AM
IMFDB Admin

The difference between Tim and Zackmann was that Zachmann blasted in here when he first arrived. He did a complete avalanche of work, spent hours upon hours working on the site, became a co-system administrator in record time, made a dizzying array of changes and upgrades. He even got on my case because I didn't want to waste time mentoring 12 year olds who wanted to become armorers. But there is a cost when you devote 40+ hours a week to a volunteer site like IMFDB. Personally I expect guys who go at it like that, to burn out. I've seen it before here, someone comes in, goes on an epic contribution run and then disappears. Some folks were so hyperanxious that they would start editing pages that I just created, within the first 15 minutes of me editing it. Again, chalk it up to youthful enthusiasm.
Old 09-15-2014, 01:51 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 View Post
The difference between Tim and Zackmann was that Zachmann blasted in here when he first arrived. He did a complete avalanche of work, spent hours upon hours working on the site, became a co-system administrator in record time, made a dizzying array of changes and upgrades. He even got on my case because I didn't want to waste time mentoring 12 year olds who wanted to become armorers. But there is a cost when you devote 40+ hours a week to a volunteer site like IMFDB. Personally I expect guys who go at it like that, to burn out. I've seen it before here, someone comes in, goes on an epic contribution run and then disappears. Some folks were so hyperanxious that they would start editing pages that I just created, within the first 15 minutes of me editing it. Again, chalk it up to youthful enthusiasm.
It's understandable for users to blow in and out of IMFDB, but for admins to completely drop out is a bit strange. As life catches up or interest wanes, most just cut back, but a few like Gunmaster45 and Tim just stopped coming.

I'm sure Zackmann is still doing tech stuff behind the scenes. He was always more into that rather than content.
Old 09-15-2014, 11:33 PM
Formerly "Checkman"
IMFDB Admin

Yes it is interesting. I haven't made a page since December of last year, but I still drop in. Make the occasional edit. Add a photo. This is a great site.
Old 09-17-2014, 06:17 AM

He probably exploded

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 09-17-2014, 10:38 PM
Formerly "Checkman"
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&Wshooter View Post
He probably exploded

Yes. That's it.
Old 09-18-2014, 01:53 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

And just like that, Evil Tim is back.
Old 09-19-2014, 10:57 PM
Site Manager

Zack's around - we still talk, but he's working at least two jobs that I know of including a full time software engineer position
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008
He doesn't. He just floats around and lets the members of the Imperium decide on the fate of condemned pages. He gave the membership the power and thus trusts us to use it wisely.......
Old 09-22-2014, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunni View Post
Zack's around - we still talk, but he's working at least two jobs that I know of including a full time software engineer position
He exploded.....with, um, new responsibilities?

http://www.introvertisland.com