imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > imfdb

Old 05-11-2021, 09:51 PM
IMFDB Admin

Default Help with Gun ID

Yeah, I know the irony. I work with guns all day, but when it's not MY gun and I have to look at photos from various angles, My eyes hurt when I try to figure out what a particular firearm is.

So I have several candidates as to what this pistol is. Remember that it's a woman holding it and she has small hands. Ideas?

This was shot in 2014, so it's before a lot of the Blank Only European pistols (like the newer Zoraki handguns). I'd say Lorcin, but I can't find a Lorcin that matches all of the features.

Old 05-12-2021, 03:23 PM
IMFDB Admin

I think it is a Blow/EKOL P29 blank firer. It is kind of a Beretta 84 with a SIG P229 slide. Here is the page for it.
Old 05-12-2021, 06:25 PM
IMFDB Admin

Thank you dude!!!!

For the record, I have access to tons of LIVE guns, but I don't routinely check out the latest and greatest blank only 'replica' guns. There is been an explosion of them lately (I wonder why). I guess a lot of productions are just buying those and using them (with CGI gun flashes put in later) rather than getting real guns from us armorers.

The real gun armorer industry is dying. We're used very rarely any more There will come a time when we're completely gone and everything out there is a fake (and thus not subject to any rules or regulations).
Old 07-16-2021, 02:08 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Concur with Commando; this is an EKOL P29.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 View Post
Thank you dude!!!!

For the record, I have access to tons of LIVE guns, but I don't routinely check out the latest and greatest blank only 'replica' guns. There is been an explosion of them lately (I wonder why). I guess a lot of productions are just buying those and using them (with CGI gun flashes put in later) rather than getting real guns from us armorers.

The real gun armorer industry is dying. We're used very rarely any more There will come a time when we're completely gone and everything out there is a fake (and thus not subject to any rules or regulations).
I dunno, I admit that the movie gun business isn't my business (professionally, at least), but are rental rates for real blank-adapted guns really going down at a rate that is disproportionate and noticeable? Have you and your colleagues in the business tracked a decline in rental rates? Anecdotally (and as someone who consumes too much streaming media), I've always seen plenty of productions filmed in the U.S. which use airsoft guns and blank-firing replicas instead of the real deal.

If you want to talk about why Hollywood as we know it is dying, that's a whole other conversation, but that affects far more supporting businesses than just the props/armory business. Also: I'm certainly not trying to trivialize the various legal hurdles which make it so difficult for prop houses and armories to stay in business, hence why so many of the big names have gone under in the past 20 years (e.g. Ellis, Stembridge, Gibbons, etc.), but I'm sure you'd agree that is not a new issue.