imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > imfdb

Old 03-18-2021, 10:04 AM

Default Zack Snyder's Justice League

It's eventually going to come up, so I'm going to go ahead and ask how we're going to handle this? Will the Justice League page serve as a home to both cuts of the film with "Zack Snyder's Justice League" (the official title of this version) serving as a redirect?

Currently I only have a paragraph in the pages header describing the Snyder cut and its extended cast.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 03-18-2021, 10:15 AM
IMFDB Admin

To me it would kind of depend if there is a difference in the weapons used. If the new page would just be a clone of the other with a different aspect ratio, then it would not be worth it. However if there are weapons added/removed, used by different characters, and there is a significantly different plot, I would say it would be ok to separate it off into its own page. If there were significant differences trying to combine it into one page would make it a mess, and it would not be "fair" to relegate the Snyder cut stuff to the discussion page or something as it is a separate elligible piece of media in its own right.
Old 03-18-2021, 11:08 AM

I'm at the 3 and a half hour mark and so far the only new gun I've seen is a sniper rifle in the hands of a London police officer during the museum takeover, which I couldn't identify because it went by so fast. Additionally, the rooftop sequence with the burglar armed with an S&W Model 19 and the Russian family with the single-barrel shotgun don't appear in the movie at all. The plot is pretty much the same, just with the addition of Darkseid and more fleshing out of Barry Allen and Victor Stone.

Beyond that, a couple sci-fi mounted cannons appear being used by Paradaemons, but I'm pretty sure they won't qualify since they aren't based on anything real.

I'll just go ahead and make the redirect since so far the differences gun-wise are minimal and we can note the excluded cases like the S&W 19 and shotgun.

Edit: Spoke too soon. The epilogue sequence has a SCAR-L, an M249 Para, a GAU-17 minigun, a Mk 18 Mod 0, and a holstered 1911 which will be recognized from a previous DCEU movie once seen (I'm omitting names so as to not spoil anything, because this version of the movie is awesome and I highly recommend seeing it). But I feel like the differences are still too minimal to warrant a separate page because much of it would indeed be a clone of the existing page.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman

Last edited by Spartan198; 03-18-2021 at 11:34 AM.