imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 02-07-2018, 04:49 AM

Ahahahahahahah!!!!

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 02-15-2018, 07:00 PM

JCordell or anyone, what's the best bullet weight for .357 magnum, in regards to lifespan of the revolver? I'm not going to be shooting any more .38's out of my 686, and don't want to shoot it loose any faster than I need to

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 02-17-2018, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&Wshooter View Post
JCordell or anyone, what's the best bullet weight for .357 magnum, in regards to lifespan of the revolver? I'm not going to be shooting any more .38's out of my 686, and don't want to shoot it loose any faster than I need to
TBH I think you could've posted this in its own topic in the 'guns' forum, given it is quite relevant - or just messaged him directly. Though I'm glad you didn't do the latter because that is a good question - one I'm curious about as well given my recent acquisition in the form of my Model 13. Others may well be interested also.
Old 02-18-2018, 06:38 AM

I just keep hearing 125 grain is harder on them, and that's all I have right now

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 02-22-2018, 04:29 AM

Just heard that Axel Rose is taking Malcolm Young's place in AC/DC. Not quite sure how to feel about that.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 02-22-2018, 07:18 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
Just heard that Axel Rose is taking Malcolm Young's place in AC/DC. Not quite sure how to feel about that.
I thought it was "Axl Rose" because he wanted it to be an anagram of "oral sex?"
Old 02-26-2018, 05:54 AM
Formerly "Checkman"
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
The 125 grain provides the best ballistics against two legged types, but it is hard on the revolver. The 686 is designed to withstand a lot of shooting, but the 125 grain isn't the most comfortable to shoot either. I would go with the 158 grain load if you're going to go with magnums exclusively. You could also look into shooting magnum cartridges that have been loaded to 38 Special +P or +P+ specs. That way you won't get the dreaded cylinder ring from shooting the shorter 38 special cartridge.
Old 02-26-2018, 05:57 AM
Formerly "Checkman"
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
I just keep hearing 125 grain is harder on them, and that's all I have right now
The 125 grain semi-jacketed hollow point load (especially the old Remington load) beat the hell out of the forcing cone on the Model 19 and Model 65. It wasn't really an issue for the Model 27/28. Also the Ruger GP100 is a very solid platform. The 686 has a full forcing cone as well and will handle magnum loads. No revolver is immune though and if you shoot thousands of magnum loads it will wear out the revolver.
Old 02-26-2018, 04:17 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

So now I need to buy a new TRS-25 for my backpack gun. I did some running and gun drills last weekend and tripped. I recovered to finish the drill, because you don't stop shooting because you fall in that situation. I got back up and realized my gun hit the dirt at the "right" angle and a rock smacked right into the glass and there's a hairline fracture on the glass. It was only the glass that's closer to me and not the opposite side where the actual red dot is, so the thing's still zero

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 02-26-2018, 05:14 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Romania does not mess around when it comes to arming river patrol boats.