imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > imfdb

Old 11-12-2009, 11:54 PM

hey guys, i am a newbie but its not my first time on a forum, so i will make mistakes but youll have to live with them. but PLEASE CORRECT ME. i do not want to piss of the great members of a great website. thank you
Old 11-13-2009, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulu Two Six View Post
hey guys, i am a newbie but its not my first time on a forum, so i will make mistakes but youll have to live with them. but PLEASE CORRECT ME. i do not want to piss of the great members of a great website. thank you
Zulu,
Don't worry about pissing us off from what you have said here is seems that you want to be a group player and work with us and not just throw around garbage info. Welcome to the forum and I'm allways happy to have people help with digging up factual information and doing screencaps.
Old 11-13-2009, 04:39 AM
Gunman69

You are right on the money, MPM. Most of the people who come onto our site "mean well", but they are relatively cocky. They "think" they know everything about guns (or at least, a great deal), but I can see why it gets to be a pain when you have to CONSTANTLY revert their edits.

That being said, I think that that's just how newbies are. They're going to be cocky starting out. Then once someone (or a few people) let them know that they are wrong (not gloating, but explaining), then they will get the hang of it. They'll start understanding more about 1) guns in general and 2) the principles of our site. Although I didn't start editing things left and right when I first came to the site, I thought I knew a lot about guns, but I learned much more after spending several months here. So I think if we just give the newbies time, they'll come around, and they'll become valuable members of our site.
Old 11-13-2009, 06:03 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunman69 View Post
You are right on the money, MPM. Most of the people who come onto our site "mean well", but they are relatively cocky. They "think" they know everything about guns (or at least, a great deal), but I can see why it gets to be a pain when you have to CONSTANTLY revert their edits.

That being said, I think that that's just how newbies are. They're going to be cocky starting out. Then once someone (or a few people) let them know that they are wrong (not gloating, but explaining), then they will get the hang of it. They'll start understanding more about 1) guns in general and 2) the principles of our site. Although I didn't start editing things left and right when I first came to the site, I thought I knew a lot about guns, but I learned much more after spending several months here. So I think if we just give the newbies time, they'll come around, and they'll become valuable members of our site.
Well, there are the newbies who make honest mistakes who will turn out to be stellar and professional members. And there are the dumbasses I was mostly referring to the dumbasses. LOL. The guys who are just reckless and annoying. But you are right. It is sometimes hard to tell unless we give them time.......

BTW: I am gratified at how the newer members actually READ the rules. We've been operating without formal written rules for so long, that I now feel guilty for slamming guys for not 'psychically knowing' what the rest of us knew through experience. Doh!
Old 11-17-2009, 12:48 AM
Rangers

Okay, I am a new member! I just registered at imfdb, because I love guns! I'm fairly good with guns and imformation about them and I'd like to learn more! So, I would like to add guns to pages that I see are used in TV shows. but one small problem.... I have not the slightest clue how to get a screen shot! lol I'm sorry if this is a stupid question. If I have something wrong pls tell me. I just made an edit on the TV show Numb3rs. I added the H&K USP, but without a picture. Thanks!

Btw My real name is Ben Tucker!

Thanks again!

Last edited by Rangers; 11-17-2009 at 12:52 AM.
Old 11-20-2009, 02:54 AM
Rangers

And I don't want to tick anyone off!! And I forgot to say that I don't know everything about guns, But I like and know some stuff about guns. And can I m203 really blow up a tank? Or would it have to be a well placed shot?

Thanks again!
Old 11-20-2009, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers View Post
And can I m203 really blow up a tank? Or would it have to be a well placed shot?
It doesn't matter how well-placed a shot it is, no 40mm grenade can penetrate armor as thick as a tank. It's a Hollywood myth.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 11-22-2009, 06:37 AM

I agree with all of you.

Something must be done. And as a former mall ninja and hk fanboy I apologize for all the grief and annoyances we have caused you. Thank for taking it in stride. If you need my help just let me know. Also anybody notice something weird with the main page. The left hand menu is all the way at the bottom.
Old 11-22-2009, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugabear View Post
Also anybody notice something weird with the main page. The left hand menu is all the way at the bottom.
Looks okay to me.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 11-22-2009, 08:28 PM
Rangers

Yes.... "Family Guy"? I don't know why that is up there? But it's weird.